ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What is "ghost overtime"?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16729
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: What is "ghost overtime"?

Post by clashcityrocker »

hampshireman wrote:
Darn... you beat me by a small margin.

Worked my day off (8 hrs) ... mail in from previous day (5 hrs) .. got asked after to take stuff out (about quarter of a walk) for 8 hrs

A good day.... but to be fair i was knackered at the end.
Hampshireman wrote:
Are their too many people saying that they finish early ... and are proud about it?

I just dont get this. If you are paid to work certain hours ; then just effing work them.

I work my hours and cut off most days. I never cheat , and if I have time then the absorbtion gets done.

Please , please work to time. (some hope)

Surely we don't have two hampshiremen?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: What is "ghost overtime"?

Post by OnAFlyer »

redneck wrote:It's theft. Approved by management, as a result of their apparent inability to provide effective monitoring, for whatever reason.
It's not theft if you're given something is it?

The ones that do OT in my office wouldn't do it if they couldn't make plenty of time. Nobody in their right mind is going to deliver from 9/10am until 5/6pm all on basic rate. Finishing earlier just pushes that rate up and makes it worthwhile for them to do it.

Good on them I say, cos there's no way I'm doing any more after I've finished!
Hitcher
Posts: 1538
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: What is "ghost overtime"?

Post by Hitcher »

What's it called when you come in to work when you're meant to be on holiday then?
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: What is "ghost overtime"?

Post by OnAFlyer »

Hitcher wrote:What's it called when you come in to work when you're meant to be on holiday then?
Overtime.
tasam
Posts: 202
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 15:49

Re: What is "ghost overtime"?

Post by tasam »

Hitcher wrote:What's it called when you come in to work when you're meant to be on holiday then?

Managements favourites taking OT from those who need it.

Happens quite a lot in some offices.