ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What type of customers annoy you most

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TheCobra
Posts: 249
Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by TheCobra »

widowmaker wrote:The customers who see you when you are at the beginning of your walk and ask you for their mail which is near the end of your walk and then complain when it takes too long because you have to turn the whole trolley to get it :evil/mad
I just refuse to accomodate these people, I just say it's buried in with loads of other stuff and I have to put it through the door anyway. I'm not pissing about for people, we have enough time constraints as it is!
TheCobra
Posts: 249
Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by TheCobra »

Sidley wrote:Had one Waynetta yesterday, knocked and rang twice, all the time I could here her yacking to someone on the phone through the open window. She pulls me as I am working my way up the other side of her street Complaining that she was busy on the phone and couldn't answer the door. It's a f***ing mobile phone pet, you probably cook, piss and shag with it clamped to your orange face with a Regal king size in the other claw and yet you couldn't make it to the door. Sadly I had given her parcel to the driver who had just passed me a minute before she appeared and no I don't know his number and I think he returns to the office after the callers office is closed. I also don't know what you're going to do as you really needed that amazon packet for that day, but not badly enough to answer your f***ing door seemingly.
Is it me or do people have an enormous sense of entitlement these days?
Haha love it, this is how EVERY postman should be.
chooch
Posts: 323
Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by chooch »

TheCobra wrote:
widowmaker wrote:The customers who see you when you are at the beginning of your walk and ask you for their mail which is near the end of your walk and then complain when it takes too long because you have to turn the whole trolley to get it :evil/mad
I just refuse to accomodate these people, I just say it's buried in with loads of other stuff and I have to put it through the door anyway. I'm not pissing about for people, we have enough time constraints as it is!
some one will be along soon enough to tell you we can't give out mail in the street..
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by RedBagMan »

Sidley wrote:Had one Waynetta yesterday, knocked and rang twice, all the time I could here her yacking to someone on the phone through the open window. She pulls me as I am working my way up the other side of her street Complaining that she was busy on the phone and couldn't answer the door. It's a f***ing mobile phone pet, you probably cook, piss and shag with it clamped to your orange face with a Regal king size in the other claw and yet you couldn't make it to the door. Sadly I had given her parcel to the driver who had just passed me a minute before she appeared and no I don't know his number and I think he returns to the office after the callers office is closed. I also don't know what you're going to do as you really needed that amazon packet for that day, but not badly enough to answer your f***ing door seemingly.
Is it me or do people have an enormous sense of entitlement these days?
Nowt wrong with Regal King Size ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
widowmaker
Posts: 31
Joined: 19 Jan 2013, 16:42
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by widowmaker »

chooch wrote:
TheCobra wrote:
widowmaker wrote:The customers who see you when you are at the beginning of your walk and ask you for their mail which is near the end of your walk and then complain when it takes too long because you have to turn the whole trolley to get it :evil/mad
I just refuse to accomodate these people, I just say it's buried in with loads of other stuff and I have to put it through the door anyway. I'm not pissing about for people, we have enough time constraints as it is!
some one will be along soon enough to tell you we can't give out mail in the street..
Does that apply even if you know the people do live at that address ?

i.e. not total strangers ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

officially - yes
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
widowmaker
Posts: 31
Joined: 19 Jan 2013, 16:42
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by widowmaker »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:officially - yes
Cripes :nervous

I wasnt told that during my training, however, there was lots i wasnt told during my training :thumbdown
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by clashcityrocker »

I don't like customers who cook nice things, because I can smell them but can't eat them.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by crazyshrew »

clashcityrocker wrote:I don't like customers who cook nice things, because I can smell them but can't eat them.
yup, the Saturday brunchtime bacon sarnies, particularly when you have to walk right past the kitchen window :sad:
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by fishtank »

crazyshrew wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:I don't like customers who cook nice things, because I can smell them but can't eat them.
yup, the Saturday brunchtime bacon sarnies, particularly when you have to walk right past the kitchen window :sad:
My first delivery point is a Chinese restaurant.
Not sure what they cook at that time of the morning but it smells wonderful.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Kindred
Posts: 7
Joined: 29 Jan 2012, 12:02
Gender: Male

Post by Kindred »

Lounge Lizard wrote:Dozens of them when handed mail say "I hope it's not more bills" or "If they're bills you can keep them" and think it's really funny as if noone has ever said that to a postman before.
I often have customers say "I'll save yer legs" as they take their mail from (usually two feet away from their letterbox). When I take my bag off my shoulder, pass it over to them and say "thanks very much. I'll pop the kettle on and make some toast. Here's the van keys, there's another five bags to deliver in there" they suddenly adopt a different attitude.


- "you're alright, he doesn't bite"
- "you knock too loud. I've been told if you knock too hard on the glass in a upvc door, it loosens it" Honestly someone said this to me.
wiganpostie
Posts: 670
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by wiganpostie »

Stormproof wrote:
cyberheater wrote:
monkeymutha wrote:I'm thinking 'No, your a lazy bitch that knows I park the van outside your house and knew I would be coming back to the van in 5 mins so thought you don't need to answer the door just let the postie write his card out then grab him when he gets back'. Scum of the earth.
I'd start parking it just a bit further down.
or do the loop first, leaving her packets till last.
I do this with Special Deliveries when it gets close to 1PM, as it helps preclude the possibility of someone coming out to the van with a P739, wanting you to scan a Special after 1pm, flagging up a failure. I'd never do it with standard packets though :angel
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by twoloops »

Caught my foot under a electric cable across the drive that was powering a bank of Christmas lights in a large tree, went arse over tit, mail all over the path, reported trip hazard :sad:
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12193
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by SpacePhoenix »

twoloops wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 11:02
Caught my foot under a electric cable across the drive that was powering a bank of Christmas lights in a large tree, went arse over tit, mail all over the path, reported trip hazard :sad:
Just wait till more and more people get electric cars and you have charging cables trailing cross the pavement