ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What type of customers annoy you most

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by monkeymutha »

Had a packet for some woman today who I had to park outside of, was about 10am. Banged on her door, no answer, stood there 739 then back to van, left van where it was and did a small loop. Came back to van, woman is in her porch waving the 739 card around.....should have pretended I didn't see her and driven off but...I am nice. Anyway took her packet over to her, no she wouldn't come out just stood there waving it in her dressing gown. She says 'I was having a lie in', I'm thinking 'No, your a lazy bitch that knows I park the van outside your house and knew I would be coming back to the van in 5 mins so thought you don't need to answer the door just let the postie write his card out then grab him when he gets back'. Scum of the earth.
Lazycarton
Posts: 193
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:52
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by Lazycarton »

Those that get a wrong delivery once in a blue moon for next door, then write all over it "this is not for me, but next door" and leave it hanging out of the letter box for you. Oh what it must be like to be perfect.
cyberheater
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 274
Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by cyberheater »

monkeymutha wrote:I'm thinking 'No, your a lazy bitch that knows I park the van outside your house and knew I would be coming back to the van in 5 mins so thought you don't need to answer the door just let the postie write his card out then grab him when he gets back'. Scum of the earth.
I'd start parking it just a bit further down.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by Stormproof »

cyberheater wrote:
monkeymutha wrote:I'm thinking 'No, your a lazy bitch that knows I park the van outside your house and knew I would be coming back to the van in 5 mins so thought you don't need to answer the door just let the postie write his card out then grab him when he gets back'. Scum of the earth.
I'd start parking it just a bit further down.
or do the loop first, leaving her packets till last.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
cyberheater
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 274
Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by cyberheater »

Stormproof wrote:
cyberheater wrote:
monkeymutha wrote:I'm thinking 'No, your a lazy bitch that knows I park the van outside your house and knew I would be coming back to the van in 5 mins so thought you don't need to answer the door just let the postie write his card out then grab him when he gets back'. Scum of the earth.
I'd start parking it just a bit further down.
or do the loop first, leaving her packets till last.
There speaks the voice of experience. :Applause
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by Pat Ostman »

tolkien wrote:i have one thats put a draft excluder behind the letter box in such a way that i cannot get the letters through ,i have to leave them mostly hanging out on the outside , stupid thing is that i have pointed it out to her , shown her the problem , 2 weeks ago , she said she would fix it , nothing has happened so now i leave a P739 card hanging out for anything that i cant leave hanging , she gets lots of dvd sized packets which would have fitted though before , no she has to come and collect them , you would think she would get the message . "BUT NO" :crazy:
I would p739 the lot, letters included. You can't leave anything on display or you open yourself up to conduct.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
BernardBresslaw
Posts: 381
Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 15:52
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by BernardBresslaw »

The only customers that annoy me really are those who chase round after you, waving their 739 at you, telling you 'you didn't ring the doorbell mate' when I obviously did. Gets on my tits no end does that.
TheCobra
Posts: 249
Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by TheCobra »

I just hate the general public. They all annoy me to some extent. This job has turned me into Victor Meldrew x 100.
aposter
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 205
Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 16:21
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by aposter »

TheCobra wrote:I just hate the general public.
+1

And the idiots who come down stairs and try to open the door and then decide they need a key, ffs you know the door is locked you pillock, you locked it when you went to bed :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

Question, on a saturday morning when they are all in bed, why is it always the bloke that shouts down from the bedroom window and then sends is missus down to open the door? Who said chivalry was dead? :chuckle
widowmaker
Posts: 31
Joined: 19 Jan 2013, 16:42
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by widowmaker »

The customers who see you when you are at the beginning of your walk and ask you for their mail which is near the end of your walk and then complain when it takes too long because you have to turn the whole trolley to get it :evil/mad
PhilthyPhil
Posts: 1155
Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by PhilthyPhil »

monkeymutha wrote:Had a packet for some woman today who I had to park outside of, was about 10am. Banged on her door, no answer, stood there 739 then back to van, left van where it was and did a small loop. Came back to van, woman is in her porch waving the 739 card around.....should have pretended I didn't see her and driven off but...I am nice. Anyway took her packet over to her, no she wouldn't come out just stood there waving it in her dressing gown. She says 'I was having a lie in', I'm thinking 'No, your a lazy bitch that knows I park the van outside your house and knew I would be coming back to the van in 5 mins so thought you don't need to answer the door just let the postie write his card out then grab him when he gets back'. Scum of the earth.
Next time walk the loop first ;)
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by Sidley »

Had one Waynetta yesterday, knocked and rang twice, all the time I could here her yacking to someone on the phone through the open window. She pulls me as I am working my way up the other side of her street Complaining that she was busy on the phone and couldn't answer the door. It's a f***ing mobile phone pet, you probably cook, piss and shag with it clamped to your orange face with a Regal king size in the other claw and yet you couldn't make it to the door. Sadly I had given her parcel to the driver who had just passed me a minute before she appeared and no I don't know his number and I think he returns to the office after the callers office is closed. I also don't know what you're going to do as you really needed that amazon packet for that day, but not badly enough to answer your f***ing door seemingly.
Is it me or do people have an enormous sense of entitlement these days?
Lazycarton
Posts: 193
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:52
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by Lazycarton »

Sidley wrote:Had one Waynetta yesterday, knocked and rang twice, all the time I could here her yacking to someone on the phone through the open window. She pulls me as I am working my way up the other side of her street Complaining that she was busy on the phone and couldn't answer the door. It's a f***ing mobile phone pet, you probably cook, piss and shag with it clamped to your orange face with a Regal king size in the other claw and yet you couldn't make it to the door. Sadly I had given her parcel to the driver who had just passed me a minute before she appeared and no I don't know his number and I think he returns to the office after the callers office is closed. I also don't know what you're going to do as you really needed that amazon packet for that day, but not badly enough to answer your f***ing door seemingly.
Is it me or do people have an enormous sense of entitlement these days?
Yes, they all have a warped sense of self importance and the me, me, me culture.

It's like those that only ever speak to the dog that is barking so loudly that you have to shout at the top of your voice "CAN YOU PRINT YOUR NAME AT No ? AND SIGN UNDERNEATH!!!!!"
cyberheater
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 274
Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by cyberheater »

Sidley wrote:Had one Waynetta yesterday, knocked and rang twice, all the time I could here her yacking to someone on the phone through the open window. She pulls me as I am working my way up the other side of her street Complaining that she was busy on the phone and couldn't answer the door. It's a f***ing mobile phone pet, you probably cook, piss and shag with it clamped to your orange face with a Regal king size in the other claw and yet you couldn't make it to the door. Sadly I had given her parcel to the driver who had just passed me a minute before she appeared and no I don't know his number and I think he returns to the office after the callers office is closed. I also don't know what you're going to do as you really needed that amazon packet for that day, but not badly enough to answer your f***ing door seemingly.
Is it me or do people have an enormous sense of entitlement these days?
Ha ha. What a brilliant read. :Applause
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by ewancurze »

cyberheater wrote:
Sidley wrote:Had one Waynetta yesterday, knocked and rang twice, all the time I could here her yacking to someone on the phone through the open window. She pulls me as I am working my way up the other side of her street Complaining that she was busy on the phone and couldn't answer the door. It's a f***ing mobile phone pet, you probably cook, piss and shag with it clamped to your orange face with a Regal king size in the other claw and yet you couldn't make it to the door. Sadly I had given her parcel to the driver who had just passed me a minute before she appeared and no I don't know his number and I think he returns to the office after the callers office is closed. I also don't know what you're going to do as you really needed that amazon packet for that day, but not badly enough to answer your f***ing door seemingly.
Is it me or do people have an enormous sense of entitlement these days?
Ha ha. What a brilliant read. :Applause
Funny that...my driver has often just taken them back for me as well,AND he works late..