ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Making it difficult to book OT....

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bardeh
Posts: 42
Joined: 01 Feb 2019, 23:04
Gender: Male

Making it difficult to book OT....

Post by bardeh »

You have to go into your DOM's office to book OT? Ours is in the line manager's office and they never kick up any fuss. The DOM pretty much never comes out of his office, I don't think I've spoken a word to him since I started working.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Making it difficult to book OT....

Post by robbertwhitton »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
Celgar wrote: I would say we are lucky to get one light day, the Tuesday , each week. Add in a bit more WTLL and the MC delaying getting the mail out & sending the sequenced trays out later. Then we end up with most days going over and a reluctance to pay for it.


Totally agree with what you're saying there Celgar. The other week I went into the DOMs office to book 20 mins OT on a Tuesday. "No one else has booked any overtime" he said. "So what exactly does that mean? Are we racing each other now"? I asked. :hmmmm

I then pointed out that: 1) I prep my Households in the morning before throwing off my mail. NOT on Saturday when I've finished... in my own time.... just because " I like to have them all done ready to go on Monday" :arrrghhh 2) We'd had 30 mins WTLL (for which you are budgetted) 3) Because Tuesday is the lightest day I've carried out the longer Weekly Vehicle check, and I filled up my van on the way back to the office.

"Well we haven't had the mail to justify paying any overtime" So I told him I'd be willing to claim it back the following day... and we all know Wednesdays are never busy don't we? He's a new DOM so he's obviously trying out all those tried & tested bullshit excuses. :no no Why is always the same, with Posties having to prove to DOMs that they're not going to be taken the piss out of? :cuppa
What a sorry state of affairs this is,having to debate and justify yourself to the management who have had the brief from above,they won’t have it and challenge and ridicule you,the ones who do understand have long gone for challenging it no doubt,
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12196
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Making it difficult to book OT....

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Celgar wrote:and the MC delaying getting the mail out & sending the sequenced trays out later.
Chances are your local MC has been getting it's inward work in later since Network 18. The order that they do their wave 2 might have also changed with the batches that cover your DO being moved towards the end.