ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ring Bells..........Do You

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
twoloops
Posts: 2041
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Ring Bells..........Do You

Post by twoloops »

I have loads on my walk I just ring it & then cover it with my mail, I did have one woman apologize about the length of time it took her to answer the door, said she was looking for her phone to see who was at the door :roll:
Mr Rush
Posts: 3357
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Ring Bells..........Do You

Post by Mr Rush »

Murdoch wrote:They're designed to normalise the idea that Amazon should be involved in informing you who's at the front door. And to get people comfortable with giving amazon control and use of that data.
Oh, absolutely. In the space of two decades we went from the multimedia information superhighway informing and empowering people, to a Matrix-esque dystopian nightmare in which we are farmed for our data.
The machine stops.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Ring Bells..........Do You

Post by Stormproof »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Stormproof wrote:I've got a Ring doorbell. They react to motion and start recording whether you press it or not. Only bought it because of the old w@nker next door is a PITA and wanted video/sound evidence if he kicks off.
Do they have a built in DVR or does an external one have to be connected?
It uploads straight to the cloud
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
Regal
Posts: 132
Joined: 03 Nov 2007, 13:34
Gender: Male
Location: Yorkshire

Ring Bells..........Do You

Post by Regal »

I wont use them. Simply becuase it takes too long for people to answer them.

I dont want to be told after waiting 10 minutes to leave it nextdoor or wherever.

A quick and hard 5 tap knock on the door is enough.
Tomorrow Never Knows