ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

On delivery and toilet breaks!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bobsworth
Posts: 18
Joined: 24 May 2018, 15:05
Gender: Male

On delivery and toilet breaks!

Post by bobsworth »

peshwaarinaan wrote:
DGH wrote:
bobsworth wrote:If there are no facilities or secluded spots on the route why not use one of those portable urinals and relieve yourself in the van? Or is there a rule against that...?
What if you don't have a van?

Or indeed a portable urinal.
What if you're female!!!!!
Most actually come with female attachments... Admittedly still pretty undignified but what other choice in that situation :confused
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

On delivery and toilet breaks!

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Large Housing estates have got to be the worst for trying to have a crafty pee. Absolutely nowhere to hide that isn't overlooked by someone. :sad: Much easier if you're on a rural, plenty of deserted tracks and hedgerows. :wink: We're lucky in our area that there are quite a few Pubs, Hotels and even PUBLIC TOILETS! :shock: I do feel sympathy for those unfamiliar with an area, and it's obviously a lot more inconvenient (no pun intended) for our Female colleagues. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

On delivery and toilet breaks!

Post by peshwaarinaan »

bobsworth wrote:
peshwaarinaan wrote:
DGH wrote:
bobsworth wrote:If there are no facilities or secluded spots on the route why not use one of those portable urinals and relieve yourself in the van? Or is there a rule against that...?
What if you don't have a van?

Or indeed a portable urinal.
What if you're female!!!!!
Most actually come with female attachments... Admittedly still pretty undignified but what other choice in that situation :confused
You have got to be joking. I would insist on going back to the office before it came to that.
bobsworth
Posts: 18
Joined: 24 May 2018, 15:05
Gender: Male

On delivery and toilet breaks!

Post by bobsworth »

peshwaarinaan wrote:
bobsworth wrote:
peshwaarinaan wrote:
DGH wrote:
bobsworth wrote:If there are no facilities or secluded spots on the route why not use one of those portable urinals and relieve yourself in the van? Or is there a rule against that...?
What if you don't have a van?

Or indeed a portable urinal.
What if you're female!!!!!
Most actually come with female attachments... Admittedly still pretty undignified but what other choice in that situation :confused
You have got to be joking. I would insist on going back to the office before it came to that.
And you'd be absolutely right to do so - this is just an alternative to wetting yourself as presumably the person that did so wasn't confident enough to leave their round and return to the office.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

On delivery and toilet breaks!

Post by Chewster »

This is something that has always concerned me tbh. I'm a bloke and on a deep rural delivery so discreet pee stops are plentiful, but no use if you're a woman.

When I did a town duty in the past, there was a pub that was actually outside of the duty area, would take 10-20 minutes to walk there and obviously the same to come back. There was also a community hall that was happy with posties using the loos, but it was only open monday wednesday friday! I have knocked on doors in the past when really desperate, the lovely old couple were quite happy to let me use the facilities, but we shouldn't be pushed to that! I really do think that RM should be investing in portaloos
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

On delivery and toilet breaks!

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Chewster wrote:This is something that has always concerned me tbh. I'm a bloke and on a deep rural delivery so discreet pee stops are plentiful, but no use if you're a woman.

When I did a town duty in the past, there was a pub that was actually outside of the duty area, would take 10-20 minutes to walk there and obviously the same to come back. There was also a community hall that was happy with posties using the loos, but it was only open monday wednesday friday! I have knocked on doors in the past when really desperate, the lovely old couple were quite happy to let me use the facilities, but we shouldn't be pushed to that! I really do think that RM should be investing in portaloos
I was desperate the other day with another 2.5 hours to go. I had to walk ten minutes on to another duty but I had no choice. It's a big problem!!!!!
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

On delivery and toilet breaks!

Post by Tinoblade »

I’m havung issues with this. Not on a daily basis but like once or twice a week, where I just have to go and I’m literally dancing on people’s doorsteps
Just eventually have to find somewhere discreet and hope I get away with it.

What is the disciplinary action if reported?
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

On delivery and toilet breaks!

Post by BELIAL »

Oh s**t :coolr
Bye
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

On delivery and toilet breaks!

Post by aiden01 »

BELIAL wrote:Oh s**t :coolr
Usual s**t why reply
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

On delivery and toilet breaks!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Tinoblade wrote:I’m havung issues with this. Not on a daily basis but like once or twice a week, where I just have to go and I’m literally dancing on people’s doorsteps
Just eventually have to find somewhere discreet and hope I get away with it.

What is the disciplinary action if reported?
Depends on circumstances and context. The disciplinary measures can and do range from a quiet word all the way to dismissal.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

On delivery and toilet breaks!

Post by Tinoblade »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Tinoblade wrote:I’m havung issues with this. Not on a daily basis but like once or twice a week, where I just have to go and I’m literally dancing on people’s doorsteps
Just eventually have to find somewhere discreet and hope I get away with it.

What is the disciplinary action if reported?
Depends on circumstances and context. The disciplinary measures can and do range from a quiet word all the way to dismissal.
Ahh ok, cheers. Didn’t think it would be black and white!

I’ve found the more I drink the less I need to go. When I’m dehydrated it’s worse!
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

On delivery and toilet breaks!

Post by Celgar »

I tend not to drink anything til I get back home. On a Monday this generally results in a banging headache so you shake your head and it feels like it's full of blood! I can usually predict when I will get a headache and the not drinking/dehydration go hand in hand.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.