I give up, tomorrow I'm taking a note pad in to work and noting down what everybody else does all day long!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Manger's acting like children
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Manger's acting like children
Who am I to argue with you POSTMAN!
I give up, tomorrow I'm taking a note pad in to work and noting down what everybody else does all day long!
I give up, tomorrow I'm taking a note pad in to work and noting down what everybody else does all day long!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Manger's acting like children
That is their choice and if you work to the rules you have nothing to worry about ffs gone................BELIAL wrote:Jpro747 wrote:I think his point is don’t worry about other people. Just focus on yourself and do what you want to do and if you have too much cut off.
I know what his point is, and I don't give a s**t what anyone else is doing ,until, I'm conduct coded for not ignoring health and safety and security of mail like everyone else . Then subjected to three months intimidation and threats;then have a poxy appeal process that finds in your favour ,but on a single point;then have a B&H case conducted that fails to interview any witnesses or inspect any records but gives you a sop of partial vindication but no action taken. All I asked for was an apology. An employment tribunal judge will make corned beef out of these cowboys
Last edited by Judgee on 21 Mar 2018, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Manger's acting like children
We're not arguing lolJudgee wrote:Who am I to argue with you POSTMAN!
I give up, tomorrow I'm taking a note pad in to work and noting down what everybody else does all day long!
With the pad, jot down the runners and how they get on with management, then jot down the non runners and how they get on.
It's rife in this s**t storm of a job you know that.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Yamr1
- Posts: 625
- Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
- Gender: Female
Manger's acting like children
Defo rife sad but true bud
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Manger's acting like children
Oddly enough it is the "Do the job properly brigade " in my office that actually get treated better. Their walks are always covered when they are off and they never really get moaned at I think they've worn management down to the point where they have given up fighting them, the runners just get their rounds left and they cover more work when they return. But it's thier choice!POSTMAN wrote:We're not arguing lolJudgee wrote:Who am I to argue with you POSTMAN!
I give up, tomorrow I'm taking a note pad in to work and noting down what everybody else does all day long!
With the pad, jot down the runners and how they get on with management, then jot down the non runners and how they get on.
It's rife in this s**t storm of a job you know that.
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Manger's acting like children
Judgee wrote:Oddly enough it is the "Do the job properly brigade " in my office that actually get treated better. Their walks are always covered when they are off and they never really get moaned at I think they've worn management down to the point where they have given up fighting them, the runners just get their rounds left and they cover more work when they return. But it's thier choice!POSTMAN wrote:We're not arguing lolJudgee wrote:Who am I to argue with you POSTMAN!
I give up, tomorrow I'm taking a note pad in to work and noting down what everybody else does all day long!
With the pad, jot down the runners and how they get on with management, then jot down the non runners and how they get on.
It's rife in this s**t storm of a job you know that.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
David walters
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 17 Jan 2017, 19:22
- Gender: Male
Manger's acting like children
Well I can c all points hre but the runners are the ones slag off the workers who do the the job proplery to take the heat off themselves .they are aloud to fin earley every day .but if u hav a quiet day and fin a bit earley they are the first to shout it out to the manager s i c it every day no one is treated the same if u are quiet and jst just get on with the job u are s**t On but if u hav gt a big gob and moan about everything well the mangers will leave u alone
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Manger's acting like children

I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Manger's acting like children
Sadly, this job is all about not being the OPG with a target on your back from linos and DOMs. Some OPGs are prepared to cut the rule book up more than others to not be a target and sadly, this means the ones doing the job most closely to spec are the ones that are likely to get more grief due to regular cut-offs and/or overtime, unless they are extremely fortunate to have a duty with an achievable workload doing everything to spec (very rare in my experience).
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Manger's acting like children
Obviously if people leave Mail then finish early they are on a loser and clearly they should be questioned.Judgee wrote:NO just the OP who thinks it's wrong to be questioned if they leave mail in their frame then come back early! Jeeztommyrep wrote:As may be the case, but he seems to be of the opinion that anyone who has a go at the fast posties are shirkers!Jpro747 wrote:I think his point is don’t worry about other people. Just focus on yourself and do what you want to do and if you have too much cut off.
I find that reference obscene, as many people suffer from unfair duty workloads as much as many people finish before their duty time by, going in early, etc! Many do focus on themselves, many others are left to exploitation by unscrupulous manager, comparing their performance to that of the early starters, runners, method abusers and meal relief time donators.
But you are missing the point in your drive to support runners. Questioned where warranted not by intimidating diktat.
Do you not accept the simple fact that those who do not wish to run around and fabricate a duty time are subjected to an unfair level of intimidation ? People bending agreements for their own agenda simply exerts more pressure on any person starting on time and taking breaks which MAY mean they cannot complete within their contracted duty time.
It is not always the case that they drag their heels or are lazy shirkers. You may - if you are honest - see PT staff who have varied contracted hours fall onto a duty and they are being unfairly compared to others with either more hours or they choose to start at official times, use methods and take their entitled break. People who even suggest cutting off are treated like s**t on a DOMs shoe, while those who run around and finish early are treated like an example to others “ good posties “ even “ they can complete duty on time every day !!.
OK, management have a right to manage. They do not have a right to bully, intimidate and harass.
If someone is clearly taking the piss they should be held to account, that is a different issue
The poster stating the situation of people ( the cutting off ones ) have been subjected to queuing up to have mail counted/ attendance calls while early starters/runners are exempt is in itself clear intimidation. The DOMs only feed off the runners completing duty’s early in an attempt to humiliate and embarrass staff who say they cannot.
It is time you realised job and finish is gone, it’s you who does not wish to work your contracted hours ! why have a go at those who do ? By the way, it is a managers DUTY to utilise all paid hours, you want special treatment for rushing about like a demented playground bully and receive a pat on the back and a gold star to adorn your jotter ! You and your manager are in the wrong not the colleagues you slag off.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Manger's acting like children
When RM start tracking us through our PDAs, those who are running the rounds will provide the justification that RM wants to implement revisions, resulting in job losses.
-
Yamr1
- Posts: 625
- Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
- Gender: Female
Manger's acting like children
Great points guys
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Manger's acting like children
Just remember the runners will get old and worn out one day,and as the job is so hard now they will be worn out before they are old! 
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Manger's acting like children
I never said I support runners I respect their privacy and the fact that it is their business!tommyrep wrote:Obviously if people leave Mail then finish early they are on a loser and clearly they should be questioned.Judgee wrote:NO just the OP who thinks it's wrong to be questioned if they leave mail in their frame then come back early! Jeeztommyrep wrote:As may be the case, but he seems to be of the opinion that anyone who has a go at the fast posties are shirkers!Jpro747 wrote:I think his point is don’t worry about other people. Just focus on yourself and do what you want to do and if you have too much cut off.
I find that reference obscene, as many people suffer from unfair duty workloads as much as many people finish before their duty time by, going in early, etc! Many do focus on themselves, many others are left to exploitation by unscrupulous manager, comparing their performance to that of the early starters, runners, method abusers and meal relief time donators.
But you are missing the point in your drive to support runners. Questioned where warranted not by intimidating diktat.
Do you not accept the simple fact that those who do not wish to run around and fabricate a duty time are subjected to an unfair level of intimidation ? People bending agreements for their own agenda simply exerts more pressure on any person starting on time and taking breaks which MAY mean they cannot complete within their contracted duty time.
It is not always the case that they drag their heels or are lazy shirkers. You may - if you are honest - see PT staff who have varied contracted hours fall onto a duty and they are being unfairly compared to others with either more hours or they choose to start at official times, use methods and take their entitled break. People who even suggest cutting off are treated like s**t on a DOMs shoe, while those who run around and finish early are treated like an example to others “ good posties “ even “ they can complete duty on time every day !!.
OK, management have a right to manage. They do not have a right to bully, intimidate and harass.
If someone is clearly taking the piss they should be held to account, that is a different issue
The poster stating the situation of people ( the cutting off ones ) have been subjected to queuing up to have mail counted/ attendance calls while early starters/runners are exempt is in itself clear intimidation. The DOMs only feed off the runners completing duty’s early in an attempt to humiliate and embarrass staff who say they cannot.
It is time you realised job and finish is gone, it’s you who does not wish to work your contracted hours ! why have a go at those who do ? By the way, it is a managers DUTY to utilise all paid hours, you want special treatment for rushing about like a demented playground bully and receive a pat on the back and a gold star to adorn your jotter ! You and your manager are in the wrong not the colleagues you slag off.
I never said I was a runner or didn't want to work all my hours you are just assuming this!
Thanks for the long reply but it's mostly irrelevant mostly due to your incorrect assumptions!
But let me put the record straight so we can all move on. Why this poster has annoyed me and so many RM workers are guilty of the same "me me me" attitude. I am sick and tired of reading crap from part timers who have it in for full timers, Duty holders who have it in for reserves, Drivers who moan about non-drivers, Young workers who have it in for older workers, Runners against non-runners and vice versa in all these conflicts!
So much time is wasted by people spending far too much time concerning themselves with somebody else's business. No wonder management walk all over us, there's no time left to fight against them because we are all so damn busy moaning about each other!
So I apologise if I seem to be attacking the original OP, but it just smacks of yet another pointless moan about something that doesn't concern them. Stop wasting your time fighting eachother and focus on your true enemies!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Manger's acting like children
Judge
Ok we will all move on.if you are not a runner you gave a very good impression of being one and strongly protective.
I have never been against people running around on duty to finish early per say, it is their choice and nothing will change the attitude they have towards it. Job and finish us in their DNA.
People do moan about them when they find themselves on the receiving end of the intimidation that it encourages.
I apologise if I offended you by assuming you were a runner, if you were so supportive of the many good, normally quiet, conscientious posties who do try and do an honest shift rather than include them as shirkers, I may not have assumed you were in fact a runner.
I also think there is often an element of jealousy, thinking they have an easier duty than them because they get round a duty very quickly, often accused of bending the rules. They are basically selfish people, unfazed by the others grumblings so they don't care. They are also often young and fit, wanting to impress or better some one else's performances.
It's the perception used by managers that we should all follow suit by comparing their achievements in an unfair comparison exercise to support the intimidation they deal out to many good men/women.
It's that perception I detest, when you hear " bla, bla can do the duty in xyz time ". It makes me cringe.
You did refer to colleagues as being lazy or shirkers, I found that unfair as I believe most try very hard and still have problems in completing within duty time. People do moan on this site, but is that not one of it's functions ?
Ok we will all move on.if you are not a runner you gave a very good impression of being one and strongly protective.
I have never been against people running around on duty to finish early per say, it is their choice and nothing will change the attitude they have towards it. Job and finish us in their DNA.
People do moan about them when they find themselves on the receiving end of the intimidation that it encourages.
I apologise if I offended you by assuming you were a runner, if you were so supportive of the many good, normally quiet, conscientious posties who do try and do an honest shift rather than include them as shirkers, I may not have assumed you were in fact a runner.
I also think there is often an element of jealousy, thinking they have an easier duty than them because they get round a duty very quickly, often accused of bending the rules. They are basically selfish people, unfazed by the others grumblings so they don't care. They are also often young and fit, wanting to impress or better some one else's performances.
It's the perception used by managers that we should all follow suit by comparing their achievements in an unfair comparison exercise to support the intimidation they deal out to many good men/women.
It's that perception I detest, when you hear " bla, bla can do the duty in xyz time ". It makes me cringe.
You did refer to colleagues as being lazy or shirkers, I found that unfair as I believe most try very hard and still have problems in completing within duty time. People do moan on this site, but is that not one of it's functions ?