So do I TBT - and lets face it, we all want a resolution.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I, however, get what Fishtank is saying.
The question is, is where is the 'middle ground' ?
The idea that RMG will put forward their best proposal during mediation is wrong in my view. This is game theory. What they will put forward is a deal that masquerades as their best proposal (or 99% best at least) given the context of 'last ditch' negotiations. Truth be told they had this on the cards 18 months back.
And then the union is supposed to lap it up and sell it to the members as a good deal.
And everyone lives happily ever after. Except me. I'm £2k a year worse off in retirement. But hey - if it weren't for the union I'd be £3k a year worse off etc etc. Bollocks.
Make or break for the union in my view. I believe there is a real will for change amongst the membership - and the deals sealed in the past with the pressing of palms and the slapping of backs could very well not cut the mustard this time around.
We'll see.
In my view the 'middle ground' is still way too far across in RMG territory for my liking. If Corbyn is correct - and the 2017 election result would suggest that he is - then the middle ground has shifted.
What does that mean ? That means that we don't have to accept the terms laid down to us from the corporate big boys at a High Court judge instigated 'mediation'. It means that we have agency and the power to decide how this pans out for us.
