ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Overtime ban

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Overtime ban

Post by Postie45 »

Stunl3y wrote:I delivered my lapsing on Saturday as it was the first timer in 3 days I had time , that mail had sat in the frame for 3 days along with recorded and tracked items.
well if it had the tracked in it, a manager sooner or later is going to get in big trouble as RM obsess over these figures.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Overtime ban

Post by datasaint »

Postie45 wrote:
Stunl3y wrote:I delivered my lapsing on Saturday as it was the first timer in 3 days I had time , that mail had sat in the frame for 3 days along with recorded and tracked items.
well if it had the tracked in it, a manager sooner or later is going to get in big trouble as RM obsess over these figures.
Rightly so. Makes us look like a bunch of cowboys when a customer receives a text saying your tracked item will be delivered today and doesn't arrive.

I'm convinced that's why Amazon pulled their contract with RM round here because the stuff just wasn't getting out the door. How can they pay for a service that's putting their reputation into jeopardy?
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Overtime ban

Post by Postie45 »

exactly, i had a package from amazon delivered today on a sunday, using their own delivery people, makes sense when youre the size of amazon why outsource for a more expensive, less efficient product ?
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Overtime ban

Post by ewancurze »

On Friday we had people coming into the office looking for their tracked which was supposedly "out for delivery" but was still sitting on "Bulk" yorks or "Absorption" frames.
Utter shambles.
They introduce "double" absorption on a bank holiday week just before an election......AND stop overtime?
What is the real agenda here? Senior management must know what is happening surely?
Last edited by ewancurze on 05 Jun 2017, 07:20, edited 1 time in total.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Overtime ban

Post by Postie45 »

i think the only agenda is unmanagable targets are set and a demotivated workforce who are not willing to work over their time on pressure days (not blaming anyone thats just fact) Backlogs then are very difficult to clear, agency workers are too expensive, so things get left in limbo.
kevingaunt
Posts: 1
Joined: 16 Oct 2016, 13:36
Gender: Male

Overtime ban

Post by kevingaunt »

.
shaun1965
Posts: 30
Joined: 23 Mar 2011, 17:17
Gender: Male

Overtime ban

Post by shaun1965 »

I WAS TOLD MY LAPSING HAD TO BE DELIVERED BEFORE MY WALK THIS MORNING EVEN AFTER TELLING
MANAGEMENT I COULDN,T COMPLETE MY OWN ROUND .I WAS TOLD THAT AS LONG AS MY LAPSING WAS
DONE I COULD LEAVE LETTERS,FLATS AND PARCELS ON MY OWN WALK !!! SURELY THIS CANT BE RIGHT.
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Overtime ban

Post by LouBarlow »

shaun1965 wrote:I WAS TOLD MY LAPSING HAD TO BE DELIVERED BEFORE MY WALK THIS MORNING EVEN AFTER TELLING
MANAGEMENT I COULDN,T COMPLETE MY OWN ROUND .I WAS TOLD THAT AS LONG AS MY LAPSING WAS
DONE I COULD LEAVE LETTERS,FLATS AND PARCELS ON MY OWN WALK !!! SURELY THIS CANT BE RIGHT.
They are trying to guilt you into staying out and finishing your round. They can make you do absorption first but they can't force you to extend.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Overtime ban

Post by eastie »

Today we was told that they weren't paying pressure overtime which has been stated on previous posts on this thread.
We was told that the rounds HAD to be completed and for us only to take 1st class items and tracked and specials and roll over all parcels and all the other mail.
But today we had thousands of manual Conservative addressed pamphlets which have to be delivered in the next two days.
Plus Lib Dem addressed letters which were left behind as well when they should be delivered by Wednesday plus hospital Appointments and bank and water statements which are not 1st class.
This we were told by management is going to last for 12 weeks and was initiated by someone called Vincent at head office.
If this gets out the press would have a field day.
What about a man or woman waiting for an important hospital appointment that sits in an office frame for weeks on end due to no 1st class letters being delivered for that address
Its an absolute shambles and work is piling up and nothing is being done.
Surely there must be some announcement as to whats happening
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Overtime ban

Post by Postie45 »

cool lets make the service worse.....and then wonder why letter traffic is declining, maybe thats what they want as the USO obliges RM to deliver it, if they can put people off sending mail (especially non 1st class) once and for all and just concentrate on parcels, specials and tracked where the profit margin is much greater.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Overtime ban

Post by Brandy »

shaun1965 wrote:I WAS TOLD MY LAPSING HAD TO BE DELIVERED BEFORE MY WALK THIS MORNING EVEN AFTER TELLING
MANAGEMENT I COULDN,T COMPLETE MY OWN ROUND .I WAS TOLD THAT AS LONG AS MY LAPSING WAS
DONE I COULD LEAVE LETTERS,FLATS AND PARCELS ON MY OWN WALK !!! SURELY THIS CANT BE RIGHT.
I was told if I couldnt do my lapsing or complete my round in time then I wasnt up to the job!! Thats strange after being a postie for 19 years years and suddenly wasnt up to it anymore!!! People are so shocked when I tell them how I was spoken to and treated by the managers,in the end I had to get out. :wave
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Overtime ban

Post by Creditshampoo »

Everyone please inform their local Labour mp about this!!@ it's their election material being delayed too ha
trythat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 720
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36

Overtime ban

Post by trythat »

Creditshampoo wrote:Everyone please inform their local Labour mp about this!!@ it's their election material being delayed too ha
Totally agree, this must of come from the top.
mattandbenny
Posts: 69
Joined: 14 Jan 2015, 13:44
Gender: Male

Overtime ban

Post by mattandbenny »

Same atour office. My walk is now a complete day behind. Today we cleared the remaining letters & parcels from the past couple of days. Todays mail & parcels didnt get touched, only thing we delivered from today were specials.

My partner is stressing about it, but i kept telling him it's not our problem - if no overtime is being paid then i shall be walking out the door on my finish time every single day, cutting off if we misjudge it and bring too much out with us.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Overtime ban

Post by OnAFlyer »

Sbutts8182 wrote:Manager this morning read us an email from the top that wants 1 in 4 duties lapsed during the summer with no overtime to be booked, starting Monday.
Loooool we are still cutting off 6 bags on the busy days of the week. :left: They can ask for anything they want, what they get is another matter.