CPTNemoUK wrote:I hate it when they just answer the door take the packet off you and shut it again without saying a word
Agree mate. If they need to sign for it, and they're ignoring me or just gesturing with their free hand, I'll ignore them. I'll stand far enough away so they just can't grab it and after a while they realise they'll have to talk to me.
It's normally, "I'll have to phone you back the Postman's got a parcel for me". Then I'll give it the "Good Morning, sorry to disturb you but you need to sign for a parcel"! routine. I take great pleasure in making then treat me with a bit of respect in stead of just a bloody pleb!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Not only does the doorbell/knocking saga annoy me but the ones who order parcels and have their porch door locked (especially when they are in .... seriously. Unless you've had parcels nicked and I seriously doubt it where I am then keep it open so you don't moan at us for having to go down the delivery office to pick up...
If there is a bellpush you should always use it. Deaf customers often have an app on their phone connected to the doorbell. It vibrates in their pocket. I always knock too if I don't hear a bell but it doesn't mean the 'bell' is broken.
windermeredave wrote:I guess it`s happened to us all. you knock on someones door. they answer, and say hey we have a bell you know? and sometimes push it to demonstrate it works. well today I said. you heard me and answered the door so whats the problem?
Just got a mutter of some sort and shut the door. I don`t expect any comeback on this but christ some people could start an argument in a empty room.
Happened to me quite a few times recently...... but the worse one I get is if you knock too loud ! The replied was 'Gosh I thought the front door was coming through' I deliver on a very busy road & you can guarantee they won't hear you knocking if I knock quieter.
windermeredave wrote:I guess it`s happened to us all. you knock on someones door. they answer, and say hey we have a bell you know? and sometimes push it to demonstrate it works. well today I said. you heard me and answered the door so whats the problem?
Just got a mutter of some sort and shut the door. I don`t expect any comeback on this but christ some people could start an argument in a empty room.
Happened to me quite a few times recently...... but the worse one I get is if you knock too loud ! The replied was 'Gosh I thought the front door was coming through' I deliver on a very busy road & you can guarantee they won't hear you knocking if I knock quieter.
I get that comment a lot too. I tell them it's my "GET OUT OF BED" knock