ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Possible future of Royal Mail

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Re: Possible future of Royal Mail

Post by meercat »

eric the viking wrote:
meercat wrote:
eric the viking wrote:yes we earn a bit more but that is because we work 11 hour days.
I can't see that as a valid reason to be paid more. Am I missing something? I know people who work 12hr shifts in McD's for £7ph. Not complaining, we do different jobs.
We work a 40hr week plus mandatory overtime, daily S.A. so we take home more is what I was getting at. The hourly rate is almost identical.
Ah OK I got the wrong end of the stick.