I don't care where anyone else writes them
I write em where I'm told
If I follow instructions that make no sense then its not my backside out the window
I will point out to my lino that something strikes me as a waste of time but I'm not paid to decode
I'm paid to do.
Start on time
Take breaks
When I finish I turn my brain back on
I can't see why people are getting so needled, I neither run ,nor cut corners, yet I do part write out the cards, only if there is no letter to turn to indicate a packet.if the customer is in, I can reuse the card as it only has the date and house number on ,the one thing I will not do, is try neighbours, If the delivery is then denied, who then gets the blame? Ain't happening for me.
I cannot see for the life of me why this action is causing people so much anguish, there are more serious issues to worry about.
postwoman1 wrote:Yes must admit I write 739 cards for a certain block of flats on my delivery. I stand at the gate to the complex, press the entry code number, its opens and allows me to get to the letter box bank on a wall. there is another gate with an entry code which if I knew it would allow me to get to the flats. If I can get through to the flats , there is NO numbers on the flat doors, so what door do I knock on with the packet I have. If I do happen to see anybody I would say don't go anywhere I have a packet in the van, will be back in 10/15 minutes. Never seen anybody at these flats in the 18 months doing this round, as I would have said please put a number on you door please/thank you and what is the number to get me to the flat doors.
is there not buzzers or intercom system for individual flats?
Whysoslowyehcfc wrote:Seems to me there are plenty of managers on this site pretending to be postmen, if I was you I'd worry about your own jobs, try to justify why they still need so many, when they don't have enough to fill up their own time
spiderj wrote:
What's wrong with that? I bet you don't "nest" your households either, because management say don't do that either.
Quick question.....when you're pre writing p739.....is this in your time or do you have surplus time in your day?
I write down the basic details.. ie the date, road and delivery area and part of the postcode and complete it out on delivery and this is done when setting in. Does that answer your question?
his question was quite clearly do you write them out in your own time or during your duty time?
Surely if your allowed time on the walk to write them, then you can use this time indoors instead of on the doorstep.[/quote]
yes and no, writing one out p739s that are not required would be using additional time that has not been planned for
spiderj wrote:
What's wrong with that? I bet you don't "nest" your households either, because management say don't do that either.
Quick question.....when you're pre writing p739.....is this in your time or do you have surplus time in your day?
I write down the basic details.. ie the date, road and delivery area and part of the postcode and complete it out on delivery and this is done when setting in. Does that answer your question?
his question was quite clearly do you write them out in your own time or during your duty time?
Surely if your allowed time on the walk to write them, then you can use this time indoors instead of on the doorstep.
yes and no, writing one out p739s that are not required would be using additional time that has not been planned for[/quote]
So zx135, according to you we are NEVER allowed to do ANYTHING that takes additional time that has not been planned for - get a life.
Brains wrote:
So zx135, according to you we are NEVER allowed to do ANYTHING that takes additional time that has not been planned for - get a life.
you should just do your job exactly as its been planned and not take shortcuts
Brains wrote:
get a life.
That comment from a guy who thinks its ok to hide the fact that mail has been delayed, i dont think i will be taking any notice of it
Well i do job properley 1/6th d2d daily and del everyone whether mail or not i try at least 1 neighbour take 20 mins break b4 going out do not nest d2d , i walk at a reasonable pace as does my partner we claim at least twice a week 30-40 mins on heavy day and rarely back early even on tue if we are back will clean out van or fill with fuel we are at most 45 mins early on tue anyway we start on time yet our dom has just told us we are too slow as we now have 2 new floaters who i know come in early dont try neighbours leave d2ds in frame and charge around but get back 1 and a half hrs quicker!! app! have told him this but he says we shouldnt be claiming this time of year lol , he says we have to be quicker come sep or else will change our duties so it seems if you do the job properly you are getting penalised what do they want? i know guys who charge around make mistakes have loads of complaints against them and they stay on same duties just because they never claim and finish early everyday!
Brains wrote:
So zx135, according to you we are NEVER allowed to do ANYTHING that takes additional time that has not been planned for - get a life.
you should just do your job exactly as its been planned and not take shortcuts
Brains wrote:
get a life.
That comment from a guy who thinks its ok to hide the fact that mail has been delayed, i dont think i will be taking any notice of it
Well i do job properley 1/6th d2d daily and del everyone whether mail or not i try at least 1 neighbour take 20 mins break b4 going out do not nest d2d , i walk at a reasonable pace as does my partner we claim at least twice a week 30-40 mins on heavy day and rarely back early even on tue if we are back will clean out van or fill with fuel we are at most 45 mins early on tue anyway we start on time yet our dom has just told us we are too slow as we now have 2 new floaters who i know come in early dont try neighbours leave d2ds in frame and charge around but get back 1 and a half hrs quicker!! app! have told him this but he says we shouldnt be claiming this time of year lol , he says we have to be quicker come sep or else will change our duties so it seems if you do the job properly you are getting penalised what do they want? i know guys who charge around make mistakes have loads of complaints against them and they stay on same duties just because they never claim and finish early everyday!
just follow the IR framework and start the ball rolling by asking for your duty to be tested,
Brains wrote:
So zx135, according to you we are NEVER allowed to do ANYTHING that takes additional time that has not been planned for - get a life.
you should just do your job exactly as its been planned and not take shortcuts
Brains wrote:
get a life.
That comment from a guy who thinks its ok to hide the fact that mail has been delayed, i dont think i will be taking any notice of it
Well i do job properley 1/6th d2d daily and del everyone whether mail or not i try at least 1 neighbour take 20 mins break b4 going out do not nest d2d , i walk at a reasonable pace as does my partner we claim at least twice a week 30-40 mins on heavy day and rarely back early even on tue if we are back will clean out van or fill with fuel we are at most 45 mins early on tue anyway we start on time yet our dom has just told us we are too slow as we now have 2 new floaters who i know come in early dont try neighbours leave d2ds in frame and charge around but get back 1 and a half hrs quicker!! app! have told him this but he says we shouldnt be claiming this time of year lol , he says we have to be quicker come sep or else will change our duties so it seems if you do the job properly you are getting penalised what do they want? i know guys who charge around make mistakes have loads of complaints against them and they stay on same duties just because they never claim and finish early everyday!
just follow the IR framework and start the ball rolling by asking for your duty to be tested,
My partner has asked him too test walk he says he will (although he has never done this on any walk yet!) last week day off was fri i get in on sat and their are about a 12 d2d items in frame so i end up del about 7 of these sat with no mail as well as sat d2d but he says it shouldnt slow you down arent we supposed to clear all d2d on daily basis as this is what he says i told floater and he just shrugged his shoulder saying has not got time! dom loves them because they are quicker and he lets them go home early the whole thing is a mess we are now talking about cutting off as it is only going to get heavier from now on till christmas
Brains wrote:
So zx135, according to you we are NEVER allowed to do ANYTHING that takes additional time that has not been planned for - get a life.
you should just do your job exactly as its been planned and not take shortcuts
Brains wrote:
get a life.
That comment from a guy who thinks its ok to hide the fact that mail has been delayed, i dont think i will be taking any notice of it
Well i do job properley 1/6th d2d daily and del everyone whether mail or not i try at least 1 neighbour take 20 mins break b4 going out do not nest d2d , i walk at a reasonable pace as does my partner we claim at least twice a week 30-40 mins on heavy day and rarely back early even on tue if we are back will clean out van or fill with fuel we are at most 45 mins early on tue anyway we start on time yet our dom has just told us we are too slow as we now have 2 new floaters who i know come in early dont try neighbours leave d2ds in frame and charge around but get back 1 and a half hrs quicker!! app! have told him this but he says we shouldnt be claiming this time of year lol , he says we have to be quicker come sep or else will change our duties so it seems if you do the job properly you are getting penalised what do they want? i know guys who charge around make mistakes have loads of complaints against them and they stay on same duties just because they never claim and finish early everyday!
just follow the IR framework and start the ball rolling by asking for your duty to be tested,
My partner has asked him too test walk he says he will (although he has never done this on any walk yet!) last week day off was fri i get in on sat and their are about a 12 d2d items in frame so i end up del about 7 of these sat with no mail as well as sat d2d but he says it shouldnt slow you down arent we supposed to clear all d2d on daily basis as this is what he says i told floater and he just shrugged his shoulder saying has not got time! dom loves them because they are quicker and he lets them go home early the whole thing is a mess we are now talking about cutting off as it is only going to get heavier from now on till christmas
put the request for duty be tested in writing, and of no action within a month lodge a grievance
postwoman1 wrote:Yes must admit I write 739 cards for a certain block of flats on my delivery. I stand at the gate to the complex, press the entry code number, its opens and allows me to get to the letter box bank on a wall. there is another gate with an entry code which if I knew it would allow me to get to the flats. If I can get through to the flats , there is NO numbers on the flat doors, so what door do I knock on with the packet I have. If I do happen to see anybody I would say don't go anywhere I have a packet in the van, will be back in 10/15 minutes. Never seen anybody at these flats in the 18 months doing this round, as I would have said please put a number on you door please/thank you and what is the number to get me to the flat doors.
is there not buzzers or intercom system for individual flats?
If there was I WOULD USE THEM, been at this job 23 years I'm not as daft as I look
Brains wrote:
So zx135, according to you we are NEVER allowed to do ANYTHING that takes additional time that has not been planned for - get a life.
you should just do your job exactly as its been planned and not take shortcuts
Brains wrote:
get a life.
That comment from a guy who thinks its ok to hide the fact that mail has been delayed, i dont think i will be taking any notice of it
Well i do job properley 1/6th d2d daily and del everyone whether mail or not i try at least 1 neighbour take 20 mins break b4 going out do not nest d2d , i walk at a reasonable pace as does my partner we claim at least twice a week 30-40 mins on heavy day and rarely back early even on tue if we are back will clean out van or fill with fuel we are at most 45 mins early on tue anyway we start on time yet our dom has just told us we are too slow as we now have 2 new floaters who i know come in early dont try neighbours leave d2ds in frame and charge around but get back 1 and a half hrs quicker!! app! have told him this but he says we shouldnt be claiming this time of year lol , he says we have to be quicker come sep or else will change our duties so it seems if you do the job properly you are getting penalised what do they want? i know guys who charge around make mistakes have loads of complaints against them and they stay on same duties just because they never claim and finish early everyday!
just follow the IR framework and start the ball rolling by asking for your duty to be tested,
My partner has asked him too test walk he says he will (although he has never done this on any walk yet!) last week day off was fri i get in on sat and their are about a 12 d2d items in frame so i end up del about 7 of these sat with no mail as well as sat d2d but he says it shouldnt slow you down arent we supposed to clear all d2d on daily basis as this is what he says i told floater and he just shrugged his shoulder saying has not got time! dom loves them because they are quicker and he lets them go home early the whole thing is a mess we are now talking about cutting off as it is only going to get heavier from now on till christmas
put the request for duty be tested in writing, and of no action within a month lodge a grievance