Sausage70 wrote:My first post and ive worked for RM as a postie for 30 years and ive got no faith anymore in our union anymore as i think all this was left 6 months to late by them,our office used to be solid when it came to strikes etc but with many EVR's over the years our office is now prob 40% AG's.Going of talking to many full timers over the last week id say at least 25% of the staff will be breaking the picket line and many for the first time due to lack of faith in the union and many think this will be a long haul strike ending up in an all out job.
The problem is that we are in the last chance saloon now without a doubt.
Interesting letter but 1 that is full of crap. The CMA/ Unite have always, and will continue to undermine the CWU by continuing to work for the benefit of RM and the customers. As for taking industrial action, there's more chance of Elvis coming back. Recently I spoke to my office DOM regarding the whole issue of the current dispute. When asked why their union wasn't getting more involved and backing the CWU his reply was "if you take industrial action your career is as good as over". So there you have it. Anyone who thinks they will back us is simply dreaming. We are on our own with this. The managers will be looked after to make sure they don't rock the boat. Look what happened last time. They got PENSIONABLE bonuses. What more incentive do they need to rape the office of as many hours as they can get. It also explains why they chase people who book extended as this screws their bonus up. Simples.
I am a family man can not afford to go on strike. how ever I did vote yes and do agree ( and support ) with what we are fighting for. but im not willing to let me kids go without. should I be worried about grief off my work friends or should they understand.
Yes you go in dont worry im sure your fellow staff will understand your problems.
Im thinking about going in myself because my park and loop partner would not speak to me so there are the odd plusses!! A real poser that one
fojez69 wrote:I am a family man can not afford to go on strike. how ever I did vote yes and do agree ( and support ) with what we are fighting for. but im not willing to let me kids go without. should I be worried about grief off my work friends or should they understand.
Don't worry, you hide in your hole and we'll tell you when it's all over! I'm sure most of us have kids, family or other things to worry about financing. At least give it a go mate, we've really got to stick together on this one or we're all going down.