ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Another day of cutting off

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: Another day of cutting off

Post by chrisj »

thanks eastie, I am not too bothered except for a handful (with has easier rounds) that likes to take the micky out of a lot of people - including myself. There is nothing one can do about that - it is often banter, however, when managers pick up on some of these flippant comments and then try to use them as a justification for this and that, then it can be irksome.

The only reason I moan a lot is because I am being shafted as a reserve and as someone who is flexible and versatile. I cannot pick and choose what rounds to go on as I am reasonably junior and we are just bedding in the P&L system and pairings etc. No resign yet and staffing level is not right and people are dropping off left right and centre and then some dont drive...

I do speak up to claim my OT money - that is why I work. I am slightly frustrated with folks rather than managers but ce la vie - no biggy as long as I get paid. Some of these flash guys actually start before their time - so they are not as a fast they might seem. I have seen a lot since coming in on FT hours (I am on the biggest and baddest round as per the disgraceful planner who is nowhere to be seen (for many weeks) to correct the error.

Manager comes to me today to have a look at a round because two of them suffered yesterday when trying to do the job as it was set out by the planner - shambles in some cases... :cuppa
sf25
Posts: 43
Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 13:57
Gender: Male

Re: Another day of cutting off

Post by sf25 »

Hi people. Im pretty new to RM and have read this "cutting off" phrase used alot on here, but have never heard it being used in my office, can someone explain to me what it means?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Another day of cutting off

Post by arnold cheshire »

sf25 wrote:Hi people. Im pretty new to RM and have read this "cutting off" phrase used alot on here, but have never heard it being used in my office, can someone explain to me what it means?
getting a pair of scissors and cutting the daily newspaper in half
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Another day of cutting off

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

sf25 wrote:Hi people. Im pretty new to RM and have read this "cutting off" phrase used alot on here, but have never heard it being used in my office, can someone explain to me what it means?
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... deliveries" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Mr Rush
Posts: 3377
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Re: Another day of cutting off

Post by Mr Rush »

sf25 wrote:Hi people. Im pretty new to RM and have read this "cutting off" phrase used alot on here, but have never heard it being used in my office, can someone explain to me what it means?
That'll be management keeping you in the dark. Happened to me when I started and I got sick of it and began bringing stuff back to the office which got me in trouble.
The machine stops.