ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Staying or going ???

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mark_e
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 54
Joined: 14 Feb 2008, 19:01

Re: Staying or going ???

Post by mark_e »

"The days will get shorter and so even those staying out well beyond 3pm now to complete the whole round will not want to be out delivering in the dark"

Scrapping BST would help a lot,if the clocks were not put back an hour it would still be light until well after 5pm in December

The switching off of streetlights to save money isn't helping either
mogsyboy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 33
Joined: 08 Aug 2007, 11:57

Re: Staying or going ???

Post by mogsyboy »

I have gone by way of medical retirement, to much stress. After 45 years I got one drink off management and had to supply food and refreshments for staff who came to wish me farewell. To be truthfull it was quite an insult by Royal Mail. Not I hasten to add by my workmates, who had a nice whip round for me and I will miss so much. Perhaps as when you medically retire nowdays they have to call it dismissal your long service counts for nothing.
The job may be going down the pan, but I hope you have as good a bunch of lads and lasses to work with as I did.