ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

£100 Christmas "bonus"

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by POSTMAN »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:I am checking because I thought it might come on first weekend and need to know if I can use my bonus for the weekend in Amsterdam or not. Oh well
Well take out the tax and insurance and what's left won't be enough for what you have in mind Daz :oops: :angel
£25 when someone i know went there in his youth,add inflation,he should be ok. :whistle :angel
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by dvbuk55 »

POSTMAN wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:I am checking because I thought it might come on first weekend and need to know if I can use my bonus for the weekend in Amsterdam or not. Oh well
Well take out the tax and insurance and what's left won't be enough for what you have in mind Daz :oops: :angel
£25 when someone i know went there in his youth,add inflation,he should be ok. :whistle :angel
This someone? It's not like that "I have a friend who's got a sore thingy" scenario is it, by any chance :hmmmm The last thing he would want is a surprise christmas box :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by Darren Bent »

I am not bothered about red light district. If you seen the ladies on shop windows they are nothing special. if you see proper tall dutch blondes it is much better :) :whistle

I hope I will sweep her off the ground and fall in love when dancing :) :nana :nana :Boo hoo!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by dvbuk55 »

Darren Bent wrote:I am not bothered about red light district. If you seen the ladies on shop windows they are nothing special. if you see proper tall dutch blondes it is much better :) :whistle

I hope I will sweep her off the ground and fall in love when dancing :) :nana :nana :Boo hoo!
I spent a great deal of time in Holland when stationed in Germany and they were always friendly, not Amsterdam but Arnhem and Nijmegen. They had some really good hot food vending machines, something I had never seen before or since.
feewheeling
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Nov 2011, 14:29
Gender: Male

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by feewheeling »

remember chocs gave as prezzy had compliments of post office inside dam
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by DB1100 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:I am not bothered about red light district. If you seen the ladies on shop windows they are nothing special. if you see proper tall dutch blondes it is much better :) :whistle

I hope I will sweep her off the ground and fall in love when dancing :) :nana :nana :Boo hoo!
I spent a great deal of time in Holland when stationed in Germany and they were always friendly, not Amsterdam but Arnhem and Nijmegen. They had some really good hot food vending machines, something I had never seen before or since.
I did the Nijmegen marches and can testify to the friendliness of the people they were great and made us feel special.
For we were soldiers once,and young
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by dvbuk55 »

DB1100 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:I am not bothered about red light district. If you seen the ladies on shop windows they are nothing special. if you see proper tall dutch blondes it is much better :) :whistle

I hope I will sweep her off the ground and fall in love when dancing :) :nana :nana :Boo hoo!
I spent a great deal of time in Holland when stationed in Germany and they were always friendly, not Amsterdam but Arnhem and Nijmegen. They had some really good hot food vending machines, something I had never seen before or since.
I did the Nijmegen marches and can testify to the friendliness of the people they were great and made us feel special.
Hey me too! I think it was either 66 or 67 I can't remember really :shock: I think the matron will have to increase the medication. I wonder if they still have them.
Eric Cantona
Posts: 365
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
Gender: Male

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by Eric Cantona »

What happens if you accidentally break your ankle a few weeks before the Christmas bonus pay out you loose it? That's wrong it should be based on what you have done throughout the year plus I don't agree with pro-rata.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by clashcityrocker »

The Christmas bonus is for working the Christmas pressure.
It isn't pro rata for part-timers who increase their contracted hours for the pressure.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by fishtank »

Eric Cantona wrote:What happens if you accidentally break your ankle a few weeks before the Christmas bonus pay out you loose it? That's wrong it should be based on what you have done throughout the year plus I don't agree with pro-rata.
You don't lose it as long as you are in receipt of full pay during the qualifying period.
Full pay includes full sick pay.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share