ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Livvy2014
Posts: 1
Joined: 26 Aug 2014, 15:28
Gender: Female

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by Livvy2014 »

Hi all, I applied for the royal mail Christmas casual. Unfortunately for me, I made a mistake with one of the questions before I'd even completed. The next Page then stated that my application was unsuccessful. How can I apply again. Is there any number I can call to rectify this. I really need help as I want to work with them this Christmas
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Livvy2014 wrote:Hi all, I applied for the royal mail Christmas casual. Unfortunately for me, I made a mistake with one of the questions before I'd even completed. The next Page then stated that my application was unsuccessful. How can I apply again. Is there any number I can call to rectify this. I really need help as I want to work with them this Christmas
It shouldn't be too long before they are advertising for this year.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Livvy2014 wrote:Hi all, I applied for the royal mail Christmas casual. Unfortunately for me, I made a mistake with one of the questions before I'd even completed. The next Page then stated that my application was unsuccessful. How can I apply again. Is there any number I can call to rectify this. I really need help as I want to work with them this Christmas

Unfortunately not, its completely on line now days. Also as one of the skills they ask for is accuracy while under pressure, having answered one question wrong probably means they wouldn't process you too the next stage on subsequent application anyway. It harsh but then they can be picky as although they ask for 18,000 casuals at Christmas, they are usually oversubscribed 3 or 4 times that figure.

The only other option would be to keep any eye out in the Job Centre, or apply through Manpower, but they are long shots.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
maximus12
Posts: 76
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 08:59
Gender: Male

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by maximus12 »

It could well be where you live was the problem, however i lived elsewhere in the country but had a date i was moving and did know the local area and got the job. If you have a moving date and a place to live i don't think this would be the reason for not getting it. But absolutely keep quiet and keep trying.