ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Everyday comments by the public

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: Everyday comments by the public

Post by chunk »

replies:
your very late....
no... this is tomorrows post. (

please don't walk on my grass.
ok whatever floats your boat. (compliance + sarcasm) :wink:

any fat cheques in there
dunno kettle ran out of steam this morning.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
SWIM
Posts: 425
Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
Gender: Male

Re: Everyday comments by the public

Post by SWIM »

'deal of the century?'
'deal of the century' - dingo
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Everyday comments by the public

Post by Spedley »

chunk wrote: please don't walk on my grass.
Sorry, I thought you were out.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Everyday comments by the public

Post by OnAFlyer »

"If they're bills you can have them back" Abso-freakin-lutely hilarious.

"Got any giros" - usually shouted by half witted workmen, showing off their comedy genius to their workmates (who embarrassingly probably earn a lot more than me)

"Have you got anything for me?" - from people you've never seen before.

"What is it"

And the classic

"Aren't you cold?" - No you daft twat or i'd be wearing a coat.
Redyam
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 97
Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 23:12
Gender: Male

Re: Everyday comments by the public

Post by Redyam »

Would you like to come in for a cup of tea?

(answers wrapped in just a towel) You just caught me in the shower haha

(peers around the door) sorry I havent dressed yet!

Ohh you have your shorts on!

Here is some flapjack, you look like you need it!

(answers in bikini) oh look at my bum it's sunburnt, I fell asleep in the sun!

(6 year old son answers the door) sorry my mum isn't here, she's having a poo
Dushku2309
Posts: 80
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 16:05
Gender: Male
Location: Liverpool. Moyeside

Re: Everyday comments by the public

Post by Dushku2309 »

Cooooeeee Postman. This is my address, but it's not my name.

This was put my through my door yesterday, I know it wasn't you, your my regular postman, it's for next door !!

I've got your xmas box for you, make sure you see me tomorrow ( But. I'm standing right here, now !!..Hello!!! )

Do you know Alan, he works for your lot, in town.. his mates all call him..Alan.

I worked for the Royal Mail, used to be a telegram boy back in the 1960's..I went to school with Paul MCartney ya know, saw the Beatles in me lunch hour..blah blah blah

Alright Postie, got anything for me ?..number 35..No, I'm not expecting anything...ahhhh.it's all rubbish, just stick them through me door will ya, lad ?

Your late today Postie, been on strike ?

Who was that lad doing your round yesterday ?..he was awful gave us everyone else's mail..and he was here about half four !!!


I hate people...they hate me :cuppa :cuppa :coolr
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: Everyday comments by the public

Post by taurus88 »

I swear someone called me frodo today. I thought they were shouting after their dog, turns out they were after me. I don't look middle-earthian or anything. I guess he hasn't mastered the art of speechcraft as I have. Turned out I'd posted a card for number 7 through his, number 4's, door. The distance he walked after me was twice as far away as the distance from his house to number 7. And, I have to say, it still looked like a 4 to me.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Everyday comments by the public

Post by fishtank »

Small child comes up to me and says..."my last dad was a postman" :nervous
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Everyday comments by the public

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote:Small child comes up to me and says..."my last dad was a postman" :nervous
Did he threaten to stab you?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Re: Everyday comments by the public

Post by ewancurze »

Someone called me Pat today........................yawn how original.
luddite
Posts: 451
Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24

Re: Everyday comments by the public

Post by luddite »

'Where were you yesterday postie'?
'it was my rest day'
'rest day!! wish I had one of those!'
'you do, it's called a weekend'


'that lad that was on yesterday'?
'yes, what about him'?
'he was here an hour before you'
'good for him'
'do you get paid the same'
'no idea'
'can you tell him to shut my gate and not put my post through next door'

:crazy: ...I kid you not
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Everyday comments by the public

Post by POSTMAN »

Lots of bits in here...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 05&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
kingofmcr
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 197
Joined: 13 Jun 2010, 10:02
Gender: Male

Re: Everyday comments by the public

Post by kingofmcr »

ewancurze wrote:Someone called me Pat today........................yawn how original.
i had some over grown tit of a shcool boy ..run in front of me singing that ..felt like whacking him
THIS SHOULD BE ROYAL MAILS LOGO
"You may pronounce us guilty a thousand times over, but the goddess of the eternal court of history will smile and tear to tatters the verdict of this court - for she acquits us.
Royal_Fail
Posts: 398
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
Gender: Male

Re: Everyday comments by the public

Post by Royal_Fail »

Hey your not our normal postman....................no :cuppa

What time do you call this..................overtime :nana
arty_morty
Posts: 282
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Everyday comments by the public

Post by arty_morty »

On redelivering a packet that had been 739d.

I was in, did you ring the bell?

No i just stood here and hoped for the best
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.