ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

finishing times walking posties

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by OnAFlyer »

All offices and walks are different and everyone works at difference speeds. There's probably 3-4 hours difference between the first and last finisher in our office, the actual walks are maybe an hour between the shortest and longest.

Finish times across the office are anything between 11am and 3pm+, no return to office it's job and off.
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by taurus88 »

pinstripe wrote:
Tank wrote:
taurus88 wrote:It doesn't matter, plenty of posties do their round completely differently to on the fitting. The last address I visit on my walk is at the end of the third row (out of four full rows) on my fitting. So they'll think I finish a whole forty minutes earlier than I do.
Yeah mines in the first bag! 30 min round! I wish :dance
I usually do mine in reverse. The last address on the frame is delivered first. According to RM, my delivery will take 7 seconds, allowing me plenty of time for lapsing then. :dance
It's quite common from the posties I know to finish on one of their FIRST addresses. The two guys either side of me both finish on the first street on their fitting. But then, this wouldn't be the first (or last) case of RM thinking they know the job enough to be really clever and devious.
Eric Cantona
Posts: 365
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
Gender: Male

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by Eric Cantona »

Anyone who comes on here and goes over their time then has a moan about it, well I do not have sympathy for you, more fool you idiots that go over and help this firm out, you can bend over backwards for RM and they will still s**t on you.
You could be the last man in the office on a Saturday and there is one row of a walk to do, the Manager would beg you to it for him to go home, guess what come Monday if you swore he would have you in the office on a conduct code, Saturday is then History.

Has nobody got the bottle to tell a manager NO! I ‘m working my hours now F**K Off.
Cannot believe some idiots in this firm.
Ogg
Posts: 55
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 13:40
Gender: Male
Location: Cornwall

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by Ogg »

I'm having to be union rep again (resigned three times over the years) because I kinda know my stuff and no one else wants to do it (although they complain enough). I had an important meeting today with my dom, his boss and the area rep.
So what do quite a few idiots do? Come in early, use their own cars, rush around like blue assed flies and come back two hours early...when I'm trying my damndest to fight the proposed cut in hours (167!).
Thorby Bislam
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 495
Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
Gender: Male
Location: Desolation Row

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by Thorby Bislam »

dingo wrote:Why do people get wound up about this issue , Royal Mail have for the last two to three years have sent out test letters with a trackers systems they know when it leaves or does not leave the mail centre and they know when it arrives or does not arrive in the delivery unit and they know when it leaves the delivery office and when it arrives at the address.

Delivery units which have not yet recieved the technology will be having this done soon.

They also target your last addresses on your round.

Do you really think Royal Mail dont know roughly what time people are finishing ?
They don't need that techy stuff round here. They got security cameras covering the yard. Managers can sit in the office watching what time folks come back.

Or more accurately, delegate it to the PHG or DM support skivvy to watch what time folks come back because managers are long gone by then. They just pull latecomers in the office the next day after *ahem* "reviewing the tapes".
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?