ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Reserve slave

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Reserve slave

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

will the 2 members trading insults please desist - its not very mature and it certainly is not adding to the debate.

If not I will lock this topic or take other actions as required.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Post by hampshireman »

taurus88 wrote:Civilisation would collapse without sewers - doesn't mean they're anything other than sh*t and p*ss :wink:.
As a reserve; in your eyes I must be sh*t and p*ss.

If , as you say, you have been a reserve (and I have no reason to doubt you). Then you full well know the pitfalls of that position.

You get moved from pillar to post; you can get switched to another duty at the drop of a hat (as I was on Monday). You get very little thanks.

And the best of all is the sideways, maybe snide comments; that 'You were late back yesterday' (when you've been on a walk that is a mystery to you).

Those comments come from Posties , not the management, funnily enough.

We do like to f*ck each other over. And then wonder where it has all gone wrong.

As an aside. I was on a shared van duty today. We finished at 12:45. My partner said " we are late today".

We were 50 mins inside our hours.
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: Reserve slave

Post by Pat Ostman »

It's the same old story. Certain types of psychological profiles, as witnessed in this thread, think that if you are a regular you are somehow better than someone without the same round each day. Same as in our office with full timers mocking anyone less than 39 hours.

Obviously these types of people had their marbles stolen off them as a child in the playground.

And TBT, there is only so much people can take before they react, if only action was taken earlier in the thread it might not have gone so out of hand.

As one once said, with every action there is a positive and equal reaction :whistle
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re:

Post by taurus88 »

hampshireman wrote:
taurus88 wrote:Civilisation would collapse without sewers - doesn't mean they're anything other than sh*t and p*ss :wink:.
As a reserve; in your eyes I must be sh*t and p*ss.

If , as you say, you have been a reserve (and I have no reason to doubt you). Then you full well know the pitfalls of that position.

You get moved from pillar to post; you can get switched to another duty at the drop of a hat (as I was on Monday). You get very little thanks.

And the best of all is the sideways, maybe snide comments; that 'You were late back yesterday' (when you've been on a walk that is a mystery to you).

Those comments come from Posties , not the management, funnily enough.

We do like to f*ck each other over. And then wonder where it has all gone wrong.

As an aside. I was on a shared van duty today. We finished at 12:45. My partner said " we are late today".

We were 50 mins inside our hours.
Hehe - I was being flippant, don't take it seriously.

I'm a temporary reserve at the mo. It can be a different round every day, and on me bike, that's even more of a 'mare. I never get any of the good days off and I get the worst rounds, which are even worse because I don't know them. But that's life, no-one cares. Everyone is secretly laughing at us. Since finding this site, I've stopped caring as much. If I'm going to finish after 1.50pm, I'll tell them it's coming back. My life is a lot easier.

Btw, being a temp, a part-timer and a reserve is having the worst of three worlds.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Reserve slave

Post by Straight4ward »

- - - - or, of course, we could all stop tearing each other apart. Or am I being to radical?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Reserve slave

Post by Judgee »

Pat Ostman wrote:It's the same old story. Certain types of psychological profiles, as witnessed in this thread, think that if you are a regular you are somehow better than someone without the same round each day. Same as in our office with full timers mocking anyone less than 39 hours.

Obviously these types of people had their marbles stolen off them as a child in the playground.

And TBT, there is only so much people can take before they react, if only action was taken earlier in the thread it might not have gone so out of hand.

As one once said, with every action there is a positive and equal reaction :whistle
Try reading the thread before you come up with stupid comments. Actually my first post on here was with regards to a reserve who stated "Reserves are the most valuble members in a delivery office" So it's ok for reserves to assume they are supererior to regulars is that ok? :speak to the hand

STFU please until you have learn't to read! :silenced
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Reserve slave

Post by Judgee »

Pat Ostman wrote:What a complete w****r you are judy. Way to compare others to your own s**t standards when you were a reserve. You do not know me, other reserves, only your own shambolic skill, so yes.


STFU
Actually patricia I didn't behave as badly you, your girlfriend Jim or many other reserves. Like an idiot when I was a reserve I did the job properly, which makes it all the more annoying when I get stitched up by a lazy reserve! :arrrghhh
Union what Union? Do we have a union?