ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Number of drops

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ashadd
Posts: 605
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
Gender: Male

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by ashadd »

Big Daz wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
Big Daz wrote:I have XXX delivery points (IB have already visted me on delivery and given me a pat on the back) and the duty behind me has less delivery points but gets about 50% more mail than me.

The difference is my delivery is a much reduced area in terms of how affulent it is compared to the duty behind me. I therefore assume that is the reason for the differences in mail levels?
Can I have your walk please ? :shock:
Only THIRTY delivery points ( well, X is ten, isn't it ) :crazy:
i didn't know such cushy rounds still existed. :nana

Well it is the cadet round i did in 1991 to 1993 with 15 mins added to the end and it gets around double the mail it had back then. When it get backs to 1991 levels then I will belive mail is down, untill then BOLLOKS!!!

tut tut...why would the ib give you a"pat on the back"? :Very Happy
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
djchrisc
Posts: 43
Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 11:47
Gender: Male

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by djchrisc »

Can someone tell me why IB would be interested in this thread.
ashadd
Posts: 605
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
Gender: Male

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by ashadd »

djchrisc wrote:Can someone tell me why IB would be interested in this thread.

beats me :Very Happy
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by smokerjim »

ashadd wrote:
djchrisc wrote:Can someone tell me why IB would be interested in this thread.

beats me :Very Happy
They've got to justify their pay somehow....and given the choice would you like to justify it out on the streets, day in, day out, in all weathers? Or sat in your office, with facebook & ebay on other windows, with a coffee beside you? :hmmmm
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

djchrisc wrote:Can someone tell me why IB would be interested in this thread.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote: I must point out that if IB are watching anyone responding with accurate figures or descriptions of their walk, then you have just given them the sort of information they are looking for. If they are trying to ID you you have just saved them loads of work. :crazy:
They won't be interested in this thread as it stands but if you have been shall we say indiscreet in another thread and they are trying to identify you, giving them details of your walk, or posting a link that gives details of your duty (Google Maps, Street View etc) makes that task a lot easier.

Its not one single piece of information they look for but lots of little pieces that all add up.

All Ex-Service personnel will recognise that I am trying to promote PERSEC :roll:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16741
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by clashcityrocker »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
All Ex-Service personnel will recognise that I am trying to promote PERSEC :roll:
I'm not ex-service but even I know what PERSEC is.
When you get to my age you have to make sure your kids know what they are doing in chatrooms etc.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Is it PERSEC = Personnel Security ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Lounge Lizard wrote:Is it PERSEC = Personnel Security ?
:Applause :Applause
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
ashadd
Posts: 605
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
Gender: Male

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by ashadd »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
djchrisc wrote:Can someone tell me why IB would be interested in this thread.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote: I must point out that if IB are watching anyone responding with accurate figures or descriptions of their walk, then you have just given them the sort of information they are looking for. If they are trying to ID you you have just saved them loads of work. :crazy:
They won't be interested in this thread as it stands but if you have been shall we say indiscreet in another thread and they are trying to identify you, giving them details of your walk, or posting a link that gives details of your duty (Google Maps, Street View etc) makes that task a lot easier.

Its not one single piece of information they look for but lots of little pieces that all add up.

All Ex-Service personnel will recognise that I am trying to promote PERSEC :roll:
:shhhhh :silenced :shhhhh :silenced :shhhhh :silenced :shhhhh :silenced :shhhhh :silenced :Very Happy
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
wiganpostie
Posts: 670
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by wiganpostie »

As a reserve, I had the misfortune of landing on a monster of a walk a couple of years back that would have made Ranulph Fiennes stay in bed. I took a step meter out on it once and it registered 23,500 steps. It's been sorted out by Geo-route now though, it's no longer the beast it used to be.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by OnAFlyer »

ashadd wrote:Having read through a lot of posts, i have seen walks that have 800 plus drops , kin el , i have 545 on my walk , and i am trying to get mine cut as i cant complete in 3.5 hours. So who has the biggest ball breaking walk??? how many drops?, how long does it take ? and how the feck do you complete everyday ?????? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Number of drops has nothing to do with it. I used to do a walk with over 1000 drops, but it was all flats (start at the top and work your way down) - it took well under 2hrs, often less than 90 mins. They were tramp infested hovels as well, so didn't get a lot of mail or packets.
da'bunny
Posts: 239
Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47

Number of drops

Post by da'bunny »

Reading the "speechless" thread and how some walks take 3 and half hrs and others take 5hrs etc i was wondering how many drops you have on your rounds, and wether this explains the different times taken. I have 522 drops and it normally takes 2 and half hrs on a good day and up to 3 and half on a bad one. Lapse can take up to half hr.
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
tojobevred
Posts: 80
Joined: 03 Feb 2010, 21:06
Gender: Male

Re: Number of drops

Post by tojobevred »

count urself lucky 2 1/2 hr del
da'bunny
Posts: 239
Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47

Re: Number of drops

Post by da'bunny »

tbh thats normally only a tuesday.
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
chelseachris
Posts: 164
Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 14:28
Gender: Male

Re: Number of drops

Post by chelseachris »

Very lucky 850 drops 4/5 hours every day :crazy: