ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
"............."
-
samuraijack
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 09 Feb 2010, 16:22
- Gender: Male
Re: "............."
Bag on shoulder,packet under left arm, letter bundle in left hand,three or four doors up the road, and you hear those immortal words.Postie could you shut my gate, and you know damn well that you swung it to shut.
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: "............."
Had one bright spark this morning.
"Print and sign next to Number 3" whilst holding my finger next to the number 3.
So she prints/signs next to number 2.

"Print and sign next to Number 3" whilst holding my finger next to the number 3.
So she prints/signs next to number 2.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: "............."
I always say "PRINT and sign next to number... " and point the pen to where they're to sign and they still ask.mclovin wrote:Had one bright spark this morning.
"Print and sign next to Number 3" whilst holding my finger next to the number 3.
So she prints/signs next to number 2.
I'm thinking, I've just shown AND told you. I'm saying "next to number..." And they still look at the card funny. Doesn't help that the numbers are in pale lettering (for the machines, fair enough) but no bugger can read em.
Also had the "Postie, can you shut the gate please" when I haven't even been thru it!! They think that I'm the only person that puts anything thru their door, forgetting the 2 Polish lads who are out delivering charity envelopes.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
ashadd
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
- Gender: Male
Re: "............."
Maybe it was a burgler.....janitor wrote:That really bothers me, people spend five minutes trying to find the key, then give up ask you to pass it to the through the window, how would these people get out if there was a fire. I delivered a parcel once some one came and shouted through the letter box that they didn't live there was just staying a few days and didn't have any keys, couldn't open any door or windows, how the f**k they meant to get out in an emergency.
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.