ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

honest question

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: honest question

Post by Lincox »

I was told that there would be no more hours put in for IWL due to falling mail volumes. So completed D2Ds as per agreed method and booked 15 minutes Thursday and 10 minutes Friday (Part Time 3 Day Week). If they refuse to pay then thats me in cutting off mode due to refusal of overtime.
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: honest question

Post by Big Daz »

Member 34 wrote:Yeah I cut off as a result of D2D Dingo.

I'm a floater and never used to do D2D. Now I do 1/6th every day, so I've effectively had around 30 mins added to each duty.

I told the lino that this will cause problems every wed/thu/fri for me - a mumbled response and he walked away.

Nothing has been nor will be done. It's just treated as another cut-off and will be picked up by someone spare or on overtime.

At some point I expect I will have to get into an argument about this. :sad:

Member 34

2010 says interim agreements for the hours nesscary for DTD untill a full revision takes place. There is nothing wrong with your mangers are doing in terms of the interim period. However once a revision takes palce the overtime/someone spare measure will cease to be a option as all duties will have to be replanned to accommdate DTD.

Unless managers says youve got time to do them and start getting arsey when you fail to complete, I fail to see the problem.
pickaname
Posts: 1467
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 20:24

Re: honest question

Post by pickaname »

D2D into workload was a problem with people working their day off on an unfamiliar duty. Many people either eut off or claimed 30-40 mins as they couldnt get out on time.

With regards to duties that were lapsed some d2d's didnt go out as they didnt have time to get them in the frame. People who did do d2d as part of a lapsed duty either claimed or brought the mail back as they didnt have time.

Duties covered on OT had d2d included if there was enough time to get them in.

It looks like we can cope with 3 items so long as theyre not the items that go to business addresses. Items such as the heavy council mags and sally army pens will see large amounts of cut offs/claims.

Any more than 3 items and the office will genuinely struggle to get them completed.

6 Items will without doubt result in a massive failure.

Management need to realise that there is no longer any incentive to get these done. People used to prep/deliver the excess (if any) in there own time, before or after their duty if they had to as the extra payment was worthwhile. Now, it seems, people have identified they can claim to make the money up.
Now there is no incentive the problem of not having time to do them is on the shoulders of the mangement.

It would appear that the unspoken goodwill (people clearing them either side of work hours get the payment) will cease and the hole will be exposed for better or worse.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: honest question

Post by dvbuk55 »

This is a question that should be posed when 4,5, and 6 D2Ds are a regular feature - three has been a perfectly normal workload for most offices, well most normal offices.

Statistics are wonderful tools, and an average basis is the most abused tool of all - take 2 deliveries in a delivery office - 1 has 800 drops and one has 200 so the average is 500 drops, the reality of course is much different.

2.1 D2D as an average means absolutely nothing to those who have delivered 3 lots on a consistent basis and earned a significant amount - and if we are talking of averages how many "D2D Barons" are there "on average".
ashadd
Posts: 605
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
Gender: Male

Re: honest question

Post by ashadd »

Where i live , i had a pizza leaflet delivered yesterday( Sunday ) and three more were put through today, not by postman, so it seems in my area we can live in hope that we wont get caned into doing loads of d2d. I had one to deliver last week and one for this week..... :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
Member 34
Posts: 58
Joined: 28 Nov 2009, 21:15
Gender: Male

Re: honest question

Post by Member 34 »

Big Daz wrote:
Member 34 wrote:Yeah I cut off as a result of D2D Dingo.

I'm a floater and never used to do D2D. Now I do 1/6th every day, so I've effectively had around 30 mins added to each duty.

I told the lino that this will cause problems every wed/thu/fri for me - a mumbled response and he walked away.

Nothing has been nor will be done. It's just treated as another cut-off and will be picked up by someone spare or on overtime.

At some point I expect I will have to get into an argument about this. :sad:

Member 34

2010 says interim agreements for the hours nesscary for DTD untill a full revision takes place. There is nothing wrong with your mangers are doing in terms of the interim period. However once a revision takes palce the overtime/someone spare measure will cease to be a option as all duties will have to be replanned to accommdate DTD.

Unless managers says youve got time to do them and start getting arsey when you fail to complete, I fail to see the problem.
There is no problem so far Daz, I was just answering Dingo's question.

But as I said in my last post, this will at some point become a problem, when, as you say, the managers get arsey cos I can't complete.