Its not like that in our office. Most people have done other duties, many the exception of the old timers but they never work their days off. Im supposed to cover 4 duties, one of those duties I regularly do, the other three I dont get to cover so out of the remaining 6 duty holders im senior to 4 of them. They were all reserves before the repick a couple of months ago and in all fairness they are more flexible in what they know than iam. I know 6-8 duties well in that office of over 100 duties and my previous manager would look after me but since hes gone im shoved all over. I dont think its acceptable for someone thats been in the job for years to practically go back to reserve so soon after a revision when I basically could have had the pick of the crop. I didnt pick a duty because my cover is over 4 days and that wins hands down over a duty 'if' I was on my 4 covers which I was told I would be. So ive either been sold a dud or I can do something about it hence why I wrote this initial question. I shouldn't have to roll over and accept it. It causes stress.2yearpostie wrote: ↑24 Apr 2022, 14:24Of the 10 full timers in my office 8 of them havent done another duty in over 10 years so all the walks have drastically changed.postiewhite wrote: ↑24 Apr 2022, 14:19Hold on a minute. I told you we have just had a revision. Half of the ones that now have duties were reserves or covers before this. Are you telling me duty holders only know one duty in their office? That is an absolute load of rubbish. There is hardly anyone that has been there a number of years that doesn't know anything outside their own duty. Everyone has been a reserve at some stage.2yearpostie wrote: ↑24 Apr 2022, 14:11no i think its acceptable to put someone who is used to covering multi duties on a different duty rather than causing extra work for a whole office and putting one person who is working a day off on something they dont know.world class male wrote: ↑24 Apr 2022, 13:40but who said anything about lapsing and since when does 50-100 lapse 1 duty?2yearpostie wrote: ↑24 Apr 2022, 13:31Better causing one person stress than 50-100 people arguing about the extra lapsing that would enevertibly be involved.world class male wrote: ↑24 Apr 2022, 13:16the cover duty holder has already said it's causing them stress and you think it's perfectly fine for this to continue for the greater good??
lord help us
sorry but you are wrong on so many levels that you think it's acceptable to potentially put a guy off work with stress then become a target just because another selfish so & so can earn some extra cash without having any stress at all,
i'm certainly glad you aren't my rep or worse still a potential manager
Personally id like to get rid of duty holders completly and have a pick out the hat every day. When you walk through the door hand in a hat pick a ticket thats your duty for the day, All arguing completely gone as all jobs are equal and all that.
They do not lapse if a duty doesn't go. You want to see the state of some of the fittings each day but that shouldnt be down to the cost of me.