Well, MurphyD it will be interesting to see what your decision is.
I think possibly you should court your previous employers, saying you are interested but explain that you do quite like the lifestyle of a postman. If only they could improve their offer a bit?
At 6 months I guess I was getting the hang of the job a bit.
There's definitely more pains to come. Shin splints are painful but that's just the start.
Someone should have explained Seniority to you.Someone should also have explained management to you.
TTP, I call it. Take the wotsit. No, they won't be asking the old hands to do all the crap jobs.
You have to look after yourself. I cannot do that. I don't have time. I don't want to go over. Or: take the money and strike a few deals.
It really is the worst management I have ever come across.
It IS difficult to see old hands doing bugger all while you are running around AND under pressure - but at 6 months, I would say, you have another year and a half of total **** before you might find yourself happy on a round.
I have seen so many really good staff leave. When are RM going to wake up? The system is iniquitous.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
6 months at Royal Mail....
-
Roian49
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 04 Sep 2020, 15:58
- Gender: Male
Re: 6 months at Royal Mail....
Same here, I actually enjoyed the job initially.
Height of covid meant no van sharing and was on the same walk for the most part. I could cope the crazy first few hours of sorting as I knew I had peace and quiet outside to go at my own pace my own way.
Soon as van sharing started again the stress of dealing with a new walk and new partner every day became overwhelming.
I am on sick as of now, but realistically can’t see myself ever going back, which is a shame as I would probably stick it if I had a bit more certainty and was allowed the time to get to know a specific walk and not get bounced about day in and out
Height of covid meant no van sharing and was on the same walk for the most part. I could cope the crazy first few hours of sorting as I knew I had peace and quiet outside to go at my own pace my own way.
Soon as van sharing started again the stress of dealing with a new walk and new partner every day became overwhelming.
I am on sick as of now, but realistically can’t see myself ever going back, which is a shame as I would probably stick it if I had a bit more certainty and was allowed the time to get to know a specific walk and not get bounced about day in and out