ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tracked Parcels & Delivery Window

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
tractorboy2
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 545
Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked Parcels & Delivery Window

Post by tractorboy2 »

Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑
05 Dec 2021, 14:56
tractorboy2 wrote: ↑
01 Dec 2021, 08:06
Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑
30 Nov 2021, 16:02
POSTMAN wrote: ↑
29 Nov 2021, 19:39

Thanks for providing the information Head of Delivery Design (not a very good Pseudonym in my opinion). A few thoughts from the Posties point of view:

Head of Delivery Design

"The “Estimated Delivery Windows” are provided to a subset of RM Tracked customers who provide the SMS number and/or email details for us to be able to communicate with them about their item.[/u]
We call them "Sad People" who have nothing better to worry about.


Who are the "Sad People" you reference. ?


The people I'm referring to Tractorboy are the one's who stand in their porch waving their idiot-phones saying, "You've got a Parcel for me ... I've just recieved a text"! :crazy:

No Shite Sherlock I know that because I've just zapped the parcel to say I've delivered it.
:arrrghhh Apparently they're known as "Subset of RM Tracked customers". Like I say I just call them .... Sad :cuppa


The CUSTOMER here is surely the sender , I get texts myself saying that "We have your parcel". I didn't request notification of this , or the expected delivery window.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked Parcels & Delivery Window

Post by Dorset Plodder »

tractorboy2 wrote: ↑
07 Dec 2021, 08:40

Apparently they're known as "Subset of RM Tracked customers". Like I say I just call them .... Sad :cuppa
The CUSTOMER here is surely the sender , I get texts myself saying that "We have your parcel". I didn't request notification of this , or the expected delivery window.

I see what you were getting at now Tractorboy. Mea Culpa :d'oh!

Yes the Old Argument about who is the actual customer? I'm was referring to those "Sad" people that sit at their laptop monitoring where their parcel is on an hourly basis. :shock: In my house a parcel turns up, it's normally stuck in the corner for a few days (if not weeks) before my Missus gets around to wrapping it for Christmas. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)