ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

365 working days without returning a single item back to the office.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mattandbenny
Posts: 69
Joined: 14 Jan 2015, 13:44
Gender: Male

Re: 365 working days without returning a single item back to the office.

Post by mattandbenny »

twoloops wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2021, 11:34
I bring back between 20 to 30 parcels a day, I work on if they are not in it goes back, I have also never had any customer complaints :thumbup

I’m glad you aren’t my postie
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: 365 working days without returning a single item back to the office.

Post by P13 »

mattandbenny wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021, 12:37
twoloops wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2021, 11:34
I bring back between 20 to 30 parcels a day, I work on if they are not in it goes back, I have also never had any customer complaints :thumbup

I’m glad you aren’t my postie
Would you prefer it if they dumped your parcels in a bin ?
mattandbenny
Posts: 69
Joined: 14 Jan 2015, 13:44
Gender: Male

Re: 365 working days without returning a single item back to the office.

Post by mattandbenny »

P13 wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021, 12:42
mattandbenny wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021, 12:37
twoloops wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2021, 11:34
I bring back between 20 to 30 parcels a day, I work on if they are not in it goes back, I have also never had any customer complaints :thumbup

I’m glad you aren’t my postie
Would you prefer it if they dumped your parcels in a bin ?
Would prefer it if they left it in my shed like i ask, like my postie does. Sounded like The guy i quoted cant be bothered leaving things in safe places. Takes nearly as much time to write a card out as to leave it a safe place. Your customers will thank you.
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: 365 working days without returning a single item back to the office.

Post by P13 »

mattandbenny wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021, 12:51
P13 wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021, 12:42
mattandbenny wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021, 12:37
twoloops wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2021, 11:34
I bring back between 20 to 30 parcels a day, I work on if they are not in it goes back, I have also never had any customer complaints :thumbup
T

I’m glad you aren’t my postie
Would you prefer it if they dumped your parcels in a bin ?
Would prefer it if they left it in my shed like i ask, like my postie does. Sounded like The guy i quoted cant be bothered leaving things in safe places. Takes nearly as much time to write a card out as to leave it a safe place. Your customers will thank you.
That is the reason why there are over 1000 denials of receipt every week , it is also against business rules unless it is tracked with safeplace printed on it .
Are you prepared to put your job on the line?
mattandbenny
Posts: 69
Joined: 14 Jan 2015, 13:44
Gender: Male

Re: 365 working days without returning a single item back to the office.

Post by mattandbenny »

P13 wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021, 13:17
mattandbenny wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021, 12:51
P13 wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021, 12:42
mattandbenny wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021, 12:37
twoloops wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2021, 11:34
I bring back between 20 to 30 parcels a day, I work on if they are not in it goes back, I have also never had any customer complaints :thumbup
T

I’m glad you aren’t my postie
Would you prefer it if they dumped your parcels in a bin ?
Would prefer it if they left it in my shed like i ask, like my postie does. Sounded like The guy i quoted cant be bothered leaving things in safe places. Takes nearly as much time to write a card out as to leave it a safe place. Your customers will thank you.
That is the reason why there are over 1000 denials of receipt every week , it is also against business rules unless it is tracked with safeplace printed on it .
Are you prepared to put your job on the line?
:chuckle Yes i am happy to ‘put my job on the line’ leaving something in a customers safe place when they ask me to.
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: 365 working days without returning a single item back to the office.

Post by twoloops »

mattandbenny wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021, 12:37
I’m glad you aren’t my postie
If you are not in to collect your parcel it goes back, the safest safe place is back in the locker & I will sleep better.

(Just had an add up taking 42 parcels back today, inc 3 phone chargers in bags, why do they never fit thought letterboxes :coolr )
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: 365 working days without returning a single item back to the office.

Post by P13 »

mattandbenny wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021, 13:50
P13 wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021, 13:17
mattandbenny wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021, 12:51
P13 wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021, 12:42
mattandbenny wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021, 12:37
twoloops wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2021, 11:34
I bring back between 20 to 30 parcels a day, I work on if they are not in it goes back, I have also never had any customer complaints :thumbup
T

I’m glad you aren’t my postie
Would you prefer it if they dumped your parcels in a bin ?
Would prefer it if they left it in my shed like i ask, like my postie does. Sounded like The guy i quoted cant be bothered leaving things in safe places. Takes nearly as much time to write a card out as to leave it a safe place. Your customers will thank you.
That is the reason why there are over 1000 denials of receipt every week , it is also against business rules unless it is tracked with safeplace printed on it .
Are you prepared to put your job on the line?
:chuckle Yes i am happy to ‘put my job on the line’ leaving something in a customers safe place when they ask me to.
Your choice, but the customer is the person or business who posted the item 😀
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: 365 working days without returning a single item back to the office.

Post by POSTMAN »

Image
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
no1postie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 129
Joined: 16 Jan 2011, 14:48
Gender: Male

Re: 365 working days without returning a single item back to the office.

Post by no1postie »

utter nonsence, this thread should be avoided. i have a regular duty, and regular customers, however from time to time people move out, and people move in, if you can have a rapport with the customers and agree a mutual arangement then hopefully all will be satisfactory, and everyone is happy.
but, and a big but is if something goes wrong, its your job on the line. i have many customers that ask me to put things behind the bin, and often i know what time they take the dog out for a poo in the morning so its the way it is, otherwise you are just redelivering it the next day when you bag is rammed on wednesday. (wading through treacle, half the office off with covid, rest with stress) happy christmas.