You watch when you do that or you will end up in the naughty roomplainpat wrote:And the hinge has gone at the other end so it opens the wrong way.....for about 6 inches....and then you p*ss over the top of itPOSTMAN wrote:What about gates that are locked with the catch,and then either string or bike clip thingies around it as well!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What type of customers annoy you most
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
DGP1 wrote:You watch when you do that or you will end up in the naughty roomplainpat wrote:And the hinge has gone at the other end so it opens the wrong way.....for about 6 inches....and then you p*ss over the top of itPOSTMAN wrote:What about gates that are locked with the catch,and then either string or bike clip thingies around it as well!
....and then you p*ss over the top of it
Is THAT video still in there concerning the above
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
ShropshireLad
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 17:02
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
"He Never Rang The Bell". That's what really annoys me. When they ring the office and say that after you've carded an item. We have an awful lot of elderly people where I work, and they don't like getting up in the mornings. A lot of them are deaf, or they've got those remote controlled doorbells that they've never replaced the batteries in the button bit. The times I've tried explaining to people that' it's more work NOT to deliver a parcel than to deliver it!
-
wiganpostie
- Posts: 670
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Fnarr, chuckle. Oh, right, I see what you mean. Anyway, if I can't untie the knot I just endorse the letter with an "address inaccessible" and move on. I'm not jumping gates for no-one, least of all some halfwit who indulges in S&M with their ironmongery.Aprilaydee wrote:Or the string etc is so tight around the post that you struggle to get the dam thing off and back on again. Even worse when it's wet.POSTMAN wrote:What about gates that are locked with the catch,and then either string or bike clip thingies around it as well!
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
People who come to the door after the first knock and say 'sorry, I didn't hear you' . How the f*ck did you know I was here then? 
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
I've got one,well for some strange reason it's 2,2 customers are complaining that i use the tradesman entrance in these high rise flats in the morning then i knock on their door instead of buzzing them from outside the building.
I tell them that's what the tradesman's button is for,and i aint buzzing you to get in when i can do it without you.
One claimed that the buzzer wakes him up so he's ready for me for when i get out of the lift.
He claims that he can't hear the door knock and only hears the card drop and then has to rush out to chase me before i go.

I tell them that's what the tradesman's button is for,and i aint buzzing you to get in when i can do it without you.
One claimed that the buzzer wakes him up so he's ready for me for when i get out of the lift.
He claims that he can't hear the door knock and only hears the card drop and then has to rush out to chase me before i go.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Well stop using it, and off to the naughty room with youPOSTMAN wrote:I've got one,well for some strange reason it's 2,2 customers are complaining that i use the tradesman entrance in these high rise flats in the morning then i knock on their door instead of buzzing them from outside the building.
I tell them that's what the tradesman's button is for,and i aint buzzing you to get in when i can do it without you.
One claimed that the buzzer wakes him up so he's ready for me for when i get out of the lift.
He claims that he can't hear the door knock and only hears the card drop and then has to rush out to chase me before i go.![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
If you must persist in using it, I can give you a website that might help youDGP1 wrote:Well stop using it, and off to the naughty room with youPOSTMAN wrote:I've got one,well for some strange reason it's 2,2 customers are complaining that i use the tradesman entrance in these high rise flats in the morning then i knock on their door instead of buzzing them from outside the building.
I tell them that's what the tradesman's button is for,and i aint buzzing you to get in when i can do it without you.
One claimed that the buzzer wakes him up so he's ready for me for when i get out of the lift.
He claims that he can't hear the door knock and only hears the card drop and then has to rush out to chase me before i go.![]()
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
I don't know if it has been said already but it happened again yesterday ...
Just after they sign for an item and you pass it over they start reading the label and pass your pen back sooooooo slowly.
Just after they sign for an item and you pass it over they start reading the label and pass your pen back sooooooo slowly.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
smokerjim wrote:If you must persist in using it, I can give you a website that might help youDGP1 wrote:Well stop using it, and off to the naughty room with youPOSTMAN wrote:I've got one,well for some strange reason it's 2,2 customers are complaining that i use the tradesman entrance in these high rise flats in the morning then i knock on their door instead of buzzing them from outside the building.
I tell them that's what the tradesman's button is for,and i aint buzzing you to get in when i can do it without you.
One claimed that the buzzer wakes him up so he's ready for me for when i get out of the lift.
He claims that he can't hear the door knock and only hears the card drop and then has to rush out to chase me before i go.![]()
Was funny though,but can't be seen to be going off topic.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Had one today, signed for letter. Knocked on door. Rang doorbell. Knocked on door. Began to fill out p739. Knocked again after filling out basic information on p739 (walk, type of item, how long until it should be collected) - this allows me to 'recycle' said p739 if they suddenly turn up at the door. Nothing. Filled it out fully. Put it through. Walked all the way around the side of the house, was walking to the next house, then someone knocks on the window. THEY HAVE THE p739 IN THEIR HAND. So they'd gone downstairs, picked it up, then rather than come outside and STOP ME, they went back upstairs and knocked, THEN CAME DOWNSTAIRS AGAIN when I returned to the door!
What the hell is wrong with these people. Worse, I'd already filled out on my signatures card 'p739 left' so had to scrub that out and start on a new line. But there wasn't another sticker on the frakking thing, so I just had to contrive a solution on the card. Predictably, the customer acted the whole time they were signing as if it was my fault. My own mood was fiery, to say the least, but I kept a hold of my emotions - against my better judgement.
What the hell is wrong with these people. Worse, I'd already filled out on my signatures card 'p739 left' so had to scrub that out and start on a new line. But there wasn't another sticker on the frakking thing, so I just had to contrive a solution on the card. Predictably, the customer acted the whole time they were signing as if it was my fault. My own mood was fiery, to say the least, but I kept a hold of my emotions - against my better judgement.
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Nah, that's what I'm here for - I go off topic, so you don't have to!POSTMAN wrote:![]()
Was funny though,but can't be seen to be going off topic.
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
TBH that's what I'm for, the real reason for the naughty roomsmokerjim wrote:Nah, that's what I'm here for - I go off topic, so you don't have to!POSTMAN wrote:![]()
Was funny though,but can't be seen to be going off topic.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
And I'm just easily led...DGP1 wrote:TBH that's what I'm for, the real reason for the naughty roomsmokerjim wrote:Nah, that's what I'm here for - I go off topic, so you don't have to!POSTMAN wrote:![]()
Was funny though,but can't be seen to be going off topic.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
You need to stop showing us your ankles, that way we'll be much better behaved (except me and dvbuk).Aprilaydee wrote:And I'm just easily led...DGP1 wrote:TBH that's what I'm for, the real reason for the naughty roomsmokerjim wrote:Nah, that's what I'm here for - I go off topic, so you don't have to!POSTMAN wrote:![]()
Was funny though,but can't be seen to be going off topic.![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio