Stormproof wrote:Been snowed under the past couple of days with LAT parcels. Looks like it's taking off now so hopefully other offices will be putting duties in soon.
Those on LAT duties how are you planning your routes? The PDAs are wiping the lists, the Sat nav is crap and the battery never lasts the shift.
Get a spare battery for your pda. Also try and get a charger for your phone that plugs into the cig lighter socket. I've just been using Google maps and my phone then adding addresses and swapping around til the route makes sense.
And I had the same issue with pda wiping route after one stop and swapping to outdoors so you could always use two pdas.
We have 1 route at present which is covered by 3 x 30hr duties doing 2 days of their normal 6 hrs plus the 4.5 hrs LAT duty and the other 3 days just doing their normal 6 hr span. They cover each other's LAT duties for rest days and leave. We are down to be increased to 2 routes in October but when we contacted the deployment manager to confirm he said we would be better off making it 3 routes. We do use them to cover other work at present to justify the increase to FT but are careful not to overload them.
We are also going to make sure that we use these duties to accommodate DDA or rehab positions if needed.
Stormproof wrote:I did 176 miles on Thursday. I had over 40 drops and didn't get home until gone 10pm.
I thought LAT products had to be delivered by 7-7.30pm?
No idea, no one has told me anything. Not even the LMs seem to know anything. I've had no one ask me how I think it's going and what things could be done better ie getting the PDA issue dealt with asap
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Stormproof wrote:No idea, no one has told me anything. Not even the LMs seem to know anything. I've had no one ask me how I think it's going and what things could be done better ie getting the PDA issue dealt with asap
RM might be waiting until all the PDAs have had the Android version updated from Kit Kat to Lollipop
It's the same old story.
Here's a bunch of parcels try your best and good luck. They dont care your driving round during rush hour most likely in places you've never been.
Don't know what kind of volumes are going to come through for them to add extra routes to different d.o.s
I'll be waiting til Xmas no doubt
Thanks for posting that. I noticed it says what LAT duties are meant to do if there isn't enough product. May have to see if the LMs have a copy and ask them where it says 'do 8 loops and any lapsing left over aswell as the 5 LAT you have for half the county!'
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets