I agree the printout we receive from manager (usually have to ask floating manager) is very confusing. Day's sounds easier because of the structure of the rota and how the working day generally plays out - I don't think anyone has ever asked to be let away an hour early or do half a shift because they have four hours remaining.
I think the problem with days was that it doesn't tie in with, long and shorts, 3 and 4 day weeks and 9 day fortnights.
Obviously you can't have 30 days if you only work 4 days a week.
Have heard a rumour the sick absence procdecure may soon be going in hours aswell.
I can't see it happening.
Triggering a stage based on hours would lead to more mistakes and claims of discrimination.
It would mean having different standards for different contracts.
I agree the printout we receive from manager (usually have to ask floating manager) is very confusing. Day's sounds easier because of the structure of the rota and how the working day generally plays out - I don't think anyone has ever asked to be let away an hour early or do half a shift because they have four hours remaining.
I think the problem with days was that it doesn't tie in with, long and shorts, 3 and 4 day weeks and 9 day fortnights.
Obviously you can't have 30 days if you only work 4 days a week.
Have heard a rumour the sick absence procdecure may soon be going in hours aswell.
I can't see it happening.
Triggering a stage based on hours would lead to more mistakes and claims of discrimination.
It would mean having different standards for different contracts.
To be honest woody it came from management just maybe on there wish list.
I agree the printout we receive from manager (usually have to ask floating manager) is very confusing. Day's sounds easier because of the structure of the rota and how the working day generally plays out - I don't think anyone has ever asked to be let away an hour early or do half a shift because they have four hours remaining.
I think the problem with days was that it doesn't tie in with, long and shorts, 3 and 4 day weeks and 9 day fortnights.
Obviously you can't have 30 days if you only work 4 days a week.
Have heard a rumour the sick absence procdecure may soon be going in hours aswell.
I can't see it happening.
Triggering a stage based on hours would lead to more mistakes and claims of discrimination.
It would mean having different standards for different contracts.
As martin walsh said in another thread disscusions continue on attendance. not be one bit surprised if it does happen.
I would be surprised if anything comes from the negotiations on attendance.
The union has made it clear that improvement is the only thing they'll accept and the business clearly believes the procedure is already too generous so that one will probably rumble on until the next agreement.
I would be surprised if anything comes from the negotiations on attendance.
The union has made it clear that improvement is the only thing they'll accept and the business clearly believes the procedure is already too generous so that one will probably rumble on until the next agreement.
Or be imposed upon us they don't just abrogate agreements they dictate them as well so good luck.
Still non the wiser on this, having the holiday in hours is a pain but I can work it out, although I've ended up with odd hours remaining which is strange
We are also told in our office that if our day off falls on a bank holiday that we can't do anything about it and the day will be added to next years allocation, well there's no sign of it on my allocation online, is this correct or even legal?