Because the company are going to do what they want to do anyway, better to take the money now then go back into dispute in afew months time if necessary.Chelseablue wrote: ↑02 Feb 2021, 14:49Why would anyone vote yes , theres no agreement and its all very vague . An extra weeks back pay or years of misery ,,,
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Back Pay
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
-
Jhpknot1
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 04 Dec 2020, 22:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
Does this backpay include all overtime hours done since April 2020 as well. I assumed it didn't but then somebody told me it did? I've been doing 60, 70, 80 hours a week since last April? I'm fine with just backpay for my standard hours but now wondering whether I'll be receiving a lot more?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Back Pay
Yes.
In fact it's very specific in the agreement - I recommend reading it:
In fact it's very specific in the agreement - I recommend reading it:
A 2.7% pay increase payable effective from April 2020.This will be applied to base pay rates or salary and flow through to overtime, scheduled attendance, basic pay supplements, functional supplements and allowances (except RRIS, legacy and reserved right payments), skills and unsocial hours’ allowances, London weighting and Scottish Distant Islands allowance.The backdated pay will be paid as soon as possible following full ratification by CWU of this deal;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Jhpknot1
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 04 Dec 2020, 22:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
I really should read it tbf. All the overtime I've been doing leaves me shattered when I get home. Thanks for the info. Saving for a mortgage so that will be a fantastic extra bonusTrueBlueTerrier wrote: ↑02 Feb 2021, 17:35Yes.
In fact it's very specific in the agreement - I recommend reading it:
A 2.7% pay increase payable effective from April 2020.This will be applied to base pay rates or salary and flow through to overtime, scheduled attendance, basic pay supplements, functional supplements and allowances (except RRIS, legacy and reserved right payments), skills and unsocial hours’ allowances, London weighting and Scottish Distant Islands allowance.The backdated pay will be paid as soon as possible following full ratification by CWU of this deal;
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
If you have retired but worked through April to November is it payable I wonder?
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
I wouldn't think so, you aren't employed by royal mail anymore so why would you get it? Could be wrong thoughfly-catchers wrote: ↑02 Feb 2021, 19:03If you have retired but worked through April to November is it payable I wonder?
-
andyman606
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 18:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
Imagine an agreement where we get paid at least our hourly rate for doing overtime that would be nice or god forbid a bit more.....quids in then.
At our office all the full timers work 4-5 hours each day sometimes less on easy duties for 7:5 hours a day and all the part timers work 5-5:5 hours a day on hard duties for 5 hours pay this is starting to annoy the people's I feel a guillotine may be brought out soon......or maybe the mighty agreement will sort this crap out don't hold your breath
At our office all the full timers work 4-5 hours each day sometimes less on easy duties for 7:5 hours a day and all the part timers work 5-5:5 hours a day on hard duties for 5 hours pay this is starting to annoy the people's I feel a guillotine may be brought out soon......or maybe the mighty agreement will sort this crap out don't hold your breath
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
What office are you at? I want a transfer. As a full timer I do on average 2.5 to 3 hours in the office so based on your timings I'd only be out delivering for 1.5 to 2 hours ! I'll have some of that please. There must be offices stuck in a time warp reading some of the stuff people put on here. Also in my office it's the part timers who have it easiest and it's starting to wind the full timers up, it's so different In offices it's unbelievable really. If this agreement is voted in the gap between the have and have nots offices will get wider seen as everything in it hinges on local agreements and how good a rep you've gotandyman606 wrote: ↑02 Feb 2021, 20:15Imagine an agreement where we get paid at least our hourly rate for doing overtime that would be nice or god forbid a bit more.....quids in then.
At our office all the full timers work 4-5 hours each day sometimes less on easy duties for 7:5 hours a day and all the part timers work 5-5:5 hours a day on hard duties for 5 hours pay this is starting to annoy the people's I feel a guillotine may be brought out soon......or maybe the mighty agreement will sort this crap out don't hold your breath
-
*xen*
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 18:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
3. Pay and job security: Our existing commitments to job security remain in place. The agreement includes the following two year pay deal for CWU colleagues:
o 2.7% pay increase backdated to April 2020; and
o Further pay increase of 1% with effect from April 2021; and
o The second hour of the shorter working week to be implemented at the point that the 2021 programme of revision activity is deployed in a function/unit, but no later than October 2021.
The pay increase for CWU colleagues, including backdated pay, will be included in the Friday 26 February 2021 payroll.
o 2.7% pay increase backdated to April 2020; and
o Further pay increase of 1% with effect from April 2021; and
o The second hour of the shorter working week to be implemented at the point that the 2021 programme of revision activity is deployed in a function/unit, but no later than October 2021.
The pay increase for CWU colleagues, including backdated pay, will be included in the Friday 26 February 2021 payroll.
That money talks,
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
-
Rommagic
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52
Re: Back Pay
Where you get the 26th February from?.
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
Because it’s what they owe you on the hours worked. I would say that they should pay it, unless there is a clause.citypostie wrote: ↑02 Feb 2021, 19:11I wouldn't think so, you aren't employed by royal mail anymore so why would you get it? Could be wrong thoughfly-catchers wrote: ↑02 Feb 2021, 19:03If you have retired but worked through April to November is it payable I wonder?
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
Talking to an RAC Patrolman today. They'd just been told their paydeal for this year is........ 0.75% Food for thought? 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
venom
- Posts: 201
- Joined: 03 Nov 2009, 17:25
- Gender: Male
- Location: leaving in half a walk and working to time
Re: Back Pay
yes but ours is last years as well what did he get last yearDorset Plodder wrote: ↑03 Feb 2021, 19:44Talking to an RAC Patrolman today. They'd just been told their paydeal for this year is........ 0.75% Food for thought?![]()
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
If you left before 18th December you don't get backpay.deltaforce wrote: ↑03 Feb 2021, 17:18Because it’s what they owe you on the hours worked. I would say that they should pay it, unless there is a clause.citypostie wrote: ↑02 Feb 2021, 19:11I wouldn't think so, you aren't employed by royal mail anymore so why would you get it? Could be wrong thoughfly-catchers wrote: ↑02 Feb 2021, 19:03If you have retired but worked through April to November is it payable I wonder?
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Back Pay
I would say that's totally wrong.citypostie wrote: ↑05 Feb 2021, 16:50If you left before 18th December you don't get backpay.deltaforce wrote: ↑03 Feb 2021, 17:18Because it’s what they owe you on the hours worked. I would say that they should pay it, unless there is a clause.citypostie wrote: ↑02 Feb 2021, 19:11I wouldn't think so, you aren't employed by royal mail anymore so why would you get it? Could be wrong thoughfly-catchers wrote: ↑02 Feb 2021, 19:03If you have retired but worked through April to November is it payable I wonder?