ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Massive pay rise.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
hero22
Posts: 595
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

Massive pay rise.

Post by hero22 »

DGH wrote:
Stormproof wrote:I was told by my Rep yesterday that I wouldn't get paid if I go off even though I have an underlying health condition. Yesterday I delivered loads of parcels from Zara. Why am I risking my life delivering f***ing clothing that no one needs at the moment!
You'll get paid if you:

have symptoms (new and continuous dry cough and/or a fever) and have to self-isolate for 7 days

or:

live with someone who has symptoms and therefore must isolate for 14 days

or:

are symptom-free but have received NHS advice telling you to self-isolate for 12 weeks

However if you self-isolate for other reasons (eg you live with someone who is symptom-free but on a 12 week isolation, or you need to care for someone, or you're just worried), RM will not pay you. You may take any outstanding holiday or you may take unpaid leave.
So if I go inmto tomorrow and say I cant be doing this, too dangerous, I can use up my holiday time ?
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Massive pay rise.

Post by Janet Brum »

Stormproof wrote:I was told by my Rep yesterday that I wouldn't get paid if I go off even though I have an underlying health condition. Yesterday I delivered loads of parcels from Zara. Why am I risking my life delivering f***ing clothing that no one needs at the moment!
Tell your rep he`s not fit for the job..

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/onli ... g9Pb1idnd4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=94753" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=94633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=94758" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lots of information on this forum.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Massive pay rise.

Post by Seymour Buts »

I'd be surprised if we get anything. The level of damage this is gonna do to this company and the country is gonna be mind boggling. I suspect if this goes on for any sort of period of time we'll become unviable and have to be renationalised anyway. If people thought the Cameron years were austere, what's coming over the next few years to pay for all this will make that look like a breese. The government (taxpayer) are overnight paying 80% of the salaries of millions upon millions of people.
stodgy88
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 641
Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
Gender: Male

Massive pay rise.

Post by stodgy88 »

Rang in to tell them I would be self isolating from Monday ,but only work Thursday ,Friday ,Saturday, if this does go down on my sickness record,i presume be classed as three days ?
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Massive pay rise.

Post by cpsteve »

stodgy88 wrote:Rang in to tell them I would be self isolating from Monday ,but only work Thursday ,Friday ,Saturday, if this does go down on my sickness record,i presume be classed as three days ?
You dont pick what day to start if you are high risk you do it now the virus works 24/7.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Massive pay rise.

Post by wacko74 »

Seymour Buts wrote:I'd be surprised if we get anything. The level of damage this is gonna do to this company and the country is gonna be mind boggling. I suspect if this goes on for any sort of period of time we'll become unviable and have to be renationalised anyway. If people thought the Cameron years were austere, what's coming over the next few years to pay for all this will make that look like a breese. The government (taxpayer) are overnight paying 80% of the salaries of millions upon millions of people.
As the govt has classed us as a ''key industry'' then surely the company should qualify for some govt financial help towards the sick pay bill and all other additional costs the company is facing?
Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

Massive pay rise.

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

wacko74 wrote:
Seymour Buts wrote:I'd be surprised if we get anything. The level of damage this is gonna do to this company and the country is gonna be mind boggling. I suspect if this goes on for any sort of period of time we'll become unviable and have to be renationalised anyway. If people thought the Cameron years were austere, what's coming over the next few years to pay for all this will make that look like a breese. The government (taxpayer) are overnight paying 80% of the salaries of millions upon millions of people.
As the govt has classed us as a ''key industry'' then surely the company should qualify for some govt financial help towards the sick pay bill and all other additional costs the company is facing?
They would expect the shareholders and board to take the hit before any money is provided.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Massive pay rise.

Post by wacko74 »

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:
wacko74 wrote:
Seymour Buts wrote:I'd be surprised if we get anything. The level of damage this is gonna do to this company and the country is gonna be mind boggling. I suspect if this goes on for any sort of period of time we'll become unviable and have to be renationalised anyway. If people thought the Cameron years were austere, what's coming over the next few years to pay for all this will make that look like a breese. The government (taxpayer) are overnight paying 80% of the salaries of millions upon millions of people.
As the govt has classed us as a ''key industry'' then surely the company should qualify for some govt financial help towards the sick pay bill and all other additional costs the company is facing?
They would expect the shareholders and board to take the hit before any money is provided.
If that's the case why aren't the shareholders and boards of companies with employees currently furloughed on the hook for 100% of their wages instead of the govt (taxpayer) forking out the 80%?

(Besides I've got another suggestion regarding the shareholders which I'm going to start a thread about) :hmmmm