What if you're not feeling 1st class on the day or if you have injured your foot or something? What use are the mail or packet traffic figures then. Its total b*llocks.k979aaa wrote:
In a word they are bull Shiting you they tried it with me in the end got took off the duty and don't for one second think it is you it is the targets all this traffic figures is bullshit they don't even know them or how to get them so the elusive managers will need a better excuse next time!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
cutting off
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
cutting off
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
cutting off
Then you are not fit for work IE on the sick!postslippete wrote:What if you're not feeling 1st class on the day or if you have injured your foot or something? What use are the mail or packet traffic figures then. Its total b*llocks.k979aaa wrote:
In a word they are bull Shiting you they tried it with me in the end got took off the duty and don't for one second think it is you it is the targets all this traffic figures is bullshit they don't even know them or how to get them so the elusive managers will need a better excuse next time!
-
Subman
- Posts: 138
- Joined: 24 Mar 2018, 18:12
- Gender: Male
cutting off
I always thought that the cutting off procedure should be a fixed procedure and the same no matter where you worked or who your manager was. We have had a number of different managers in the last few years with different approaches.
We have been told to take all mail out, call office if not finishing and then next day start where you finished the previous day.
We have been told if we cant deliver all the mail, then deliver all the mail to a certain point and then just do tracked and parcels on the rest; prioritise tracked and parcels.
We have been told to only put mail into the frame that was going to be delivered, and put mail not sorted and not going to be delivered under the frame. It seems if it hasn't been sorted into the frame it's not officially regarded as being failed.
We have also been told to use our common sense and not to go out of our way to go up long lanes with less important mail.
The union rep has told us to follow the guidance of the manager and it's up to him to set the procedure. We always ensure that the manager briefs everyone in front of the whole office, to cover ourselves.
I am just wondering do other offices have different procedures and is having such a variety of procedures common.
We have been told to take all mail out, call office if not finishing and then next day start where you finished the previous day.
We have been told if we cant deliver all the mail, then deliver all the mail to a certain point and then just do tracked and parcels on the rest; prioritise tracked and parcels.
We have been told to only put mail into the frame that was going to be delivered, and put mail not sorted and not going to be delivered under the frame. It seems if it hasn't been sorted into the frame it's not officially regarded as being failed.
We have also been told to use our common sense and not to go out of our way to go up long lanes with less important mail.
The union rep has told us to follow the guidance of the manager and it's up to him to set the procedure. We always ensure that the manager briefs everyone in front of the whole office, to cover ourselves.
I am just wondering do other offices have different procedures and is having such a variety of procedures common.
-
Dingo99
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 14:04
- Gender: Male
cutting off
How does that work? I told my DOM I ain't doing stupidly long days this Christmas and told him when it gets dark at 16:00 I will bring post and mail back, I can't phone him at this time as he will be at home, feet up with a coffee, he never stays like our last DOM!awesomepenguin wrote:You can bring it back so long as you contact a manager prior to returning to the office with the mail.
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
cutting off
This is textbook how to handle the Overrunning Delivery Procedure!redneck wrote:When the frame is complete and ready to be bagged up that is when you should have the 'conversation' with the screws.
Typical example, after finding lino eventually
' I am not going to be able complete today'
'But we only have 46000 items across the office today, it's quiet'
'I am not going to be able to complete today by the finish time, I know my duty, what can you do to help me?'
'I'll have to count the items on the frame'
'Fine, I'll have to leave or bring back more'
Later
'Mmm, I've counted the attendance calls on your duty and you can complete'
'I don't agree, what time shall I phone up to let you know if I can complete or not? (still 100% sure it won't all be delivered, but it has to all be taken out as per procedure)'
'You can complete this duty'
'Give me a time'
'You can complete'
'Give me a time to phone you'
'12.30 (grumpily)'
This is a shortened version, you can go around in circles repeating all these points ad nauseam sometimes
After a few episodes of this they often arrange for some of your delivery to be taken by someone else before you leave or they stream parcels. The whole process is farcical and based on their blind faith in their ability to push you around at busier times so the office is cleared. Newer staff are easy meat and sometimes don't even claim 'docket' they are entitled to when they inevitably overrun, they are actively discouraged. We have sunk to new lows in management/worker engagement.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
cutting off
You spend that much time arguing the case you just end up bringing even more back.steve1873 wrote:This is textbook how to handle the Overrunning Delivery Procedure!redneck wrote:When the frame is complete and ready to be bagged up that is when you should have the 'conversation' with the screws.
Typical example, after finding lino eventually
' I am not going to be able complete today'
'But we only have 46000 items across the office today, it's quiet'
'I am not going to be able to complete today by the finish time, I know my duty, what can you do to help me?'
'I'll have to count the items on the frame'
'Fine, I'll have to leave or bring back more'
Later
'Mmm, I've counted the attendance calls on your duty and you can complete'
'I don't agree, what time shall I phone up to let you know if I can complete or not? (still 100% sure it won't all be delivered, but it has to all be taken out as per procedure)'
'You can complete this duty'
'Give me a time'
'You can complete'
'Give me a time to phone you'
'12.30 (grumpily)'
This is a shortened version, you can go around in circles repeating all these points ad nauseam sometimes
After a few episodes of this they often arrange for some of your delivery to be taken by someone else before you leave or they stream parcels. The whole process is farcical and based on their blind faith in their ability to push you around at busier times so the office is cleared. Newer staff are easy meat and sometimes don't even claim 'docket' they are entitled to when they inevitably overrun, they are actively discouraged. We have sunk to new lows in management/worker engagement.
-
goldy
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
- Gender: Male
cutting off
This is exactly how it goes in our office ,I say Iam not prepared to stay out though .It's funny how they never answer the phone or takes ages to answer wtf are they so busy doing .steve1873 wrote:This is textbook how to handle the Overrunning Delivery Procedure!redneck wrote:When the frame is complete and ready to be bagged up that is when you should have the 'conversation' with the screws.
Typical example, after finding lino eventually
' I am not going to be able complete today'
'But we only have 46000 items across the office today, it's quiet'
'I am not going to be able to complete today by the finish time, I know my duty, what can you do to help me?'
'I'll have to count the items on the frame'
'Fine, I'll have to leave or bring back more'
Later
'Mmm, I've counted the attendance calls on your duty and you can complete'
'I don't agree, what time shall I phone up to let you know if I can complete or not? (still 100% sure it won't all be delivered, but it has to all be taken out as per procedure)'
'You can complete this duty'
'Give me a time'
'You can complete'
'Give me a time to phone you'
'12.30 (grumpily)'
This is a shortened version, you can go around in circles repeating all these points ad nauseam sometimes
After a few episodes of this they often arrange for some of your delivery to be taken by someone else before you leave or they stream parcels. The whole process is farcical and based on their blind faith in their ability to push you around at busier times so the office is cleared. Newer staff are easy meat and sometimes don't even claim 'docket' they are entitled to when they inevitably overrun, they are actively discouraged. We have sunk to new lows in management/worker engagement.