ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
Eventually got mine stopped after 3 attempts,stating the contents bare little resemblance of the company and conditions that I work for,seems to have done the trick
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
IT does have its upsides to it my van got cleaned in and out about 5 years ago and was featured with World Class Mail women can still smell the perfume now! Still don't know where the tenner went though!
-
Northbynorthwest
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 02 Mar 2013, 12:06
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
Yes, been going for years and used to be a newspaper style. I have all mine in leather binders.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
Are you hoping it's going to be worth something soon? Probably will be worth more than the shares.Northbynorthwest wrote:Yes, been going for years and used to be a newspaper style. I have all mine in leather binders.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
niceNorthbynorthwest wrote:Yes, been going for years and used to be a newspaper style. I have all mine in leather binders.
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
I was going to post about this. We had our WTL this morning and the rep brought something up about a 5 day week and then out manager chimed in with that there's a rumor going around higher up they want to lose 20,000 staff and get rid of Saturdays. Our rep did add on at the end though that we'd be working Sundays before that happened. So maybe the other persons source is the same as mine? Our DoM has heard someting higher up.Decky Boy wrote:First I've heard of a 5 day operation. Please state your source ?
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4116
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
Well mines turned up and I can't believe I've actually read it, particularly like the back page where you write in with the strangest thing you've seen on your walk, the winner gets £50, this edition the winner said he'd seen a ghost. Anyway reckon I'm in with a chance I bumped into Elvis last week !
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
Sundays will be for parcels only not mail so there wouldn't be that many needed to work, so if Saturdays did go everyone wouldn't automatically have to work sundayssmok3y666 wrote:I was going to post about this. We had our WTL this morning and the rep brought something up about a 5 day week and then out manager chimed in with that there's a rumor going around higher up they want to lose 20,000 staff and get rid of Saturdays. Our rep did add on at the end though that we'd be working Sundays before that happened. So maybe the other persons source is the same as mine? Our DoM has heard someting higher up.Decky Boy wrote:First I've heard of a 5 day operation. Please state your source ?
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
Too long!Deadly wrote:Just out of interest, how long has the Courier been around?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
Do you still get a copy after you have left the now business as it now has become?Brandy wrote:Too long!Deadly wrote:Just out of interest, how long has the Courier been around?
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3730
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
I deliver some to RM pensioners.k979aaa wrote:Do you still get a copy after you have left the now business as it now has become?Brandy wrote:Too long!Deadly wrote:Just out of interest, how long has the Courier been around?
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
Yes and I look forward to every copy! LOL!k979aaa wrote:Do you still get a copy after you have left the now business as it now has become?Brandy wrote:Too long!Deadly wrote:Just out of interest, how long has the Courier been around?
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
Ha, yes, that was f***ing bizarre! And how did that win over a Bengal tiger anyway?ted_e_bear wrote:Well mines turned up and I can't believe I've actually read it, particularly like the back page where you write in with the strangest thing you've seen on your walk, the winner gets £50, this edition the winner said he'd seen a ghost. Anyway reckon I'm in with a chance I bumped into Elvis last week !
You know what I love most about Courier threads? The outbreak of 'oh, I remember when I used to get that/ just kill it off/ return it to sender/ these happy smiling dipshit people bear no resemblance to the grumpy, miserable f***ers I work with' comments.
Every. Single. Time.
I love it. I'm going to construct a drinking game around it.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.