ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail Disciplinary Procedures

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
norris9
Posts: 2695
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Royal Mail Disciplinary Procedures

Post by norris9 »

Haven't heard anything from management yet.

Spoke to my walk partner/buddie about it again and he mentioned he might have left it on his desk and delivered it the next day. I didn't ask anything else. Maybe he was just being nice... doesn't want me to worry about it....

What is the normal process that happens when something goes missing like this? It's been 2 working days since my walk buddie mentioned it. Is it not until the customer puts in a complaint that it reaches management?

Maybe the customer either actually received the signed for item due to me possibly accidently putting it through their letterbox with the docket, or through my buddie posting it the following day and they are not expecting anything else, or maybe he/she just tried to claim a refund or a replacement with the sender.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3724
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Royal Mail Disciplinary Procedures

Post by yellowbelly »

norris9 wrote:Haven't heard anything from management yet.

Spoke to my walk partner/buddie about it again and he mentioned he might have left it on his desk and delivered it the next day. I didn't ask anything else. Maybe he was just being nice... doesn't want me to worry about it....

What is the normal process that happens when something goes missing like this? It's been 2 working days since my walk buddie mentioned it. Is it not until the customer puts in a complaint that it reaches management?

Maybe the customer either actually received the signed for item due to me possibly accidently putting it through their letterbox with the docket, or through my buddie posting it the following day and they are not expecting anything else, or maybe he/she just tried to claim a refund or a replacement with the sender.
Ok, re-winding a bit to your original post - how do you know it's missing if management hasn't spoken to you about it?
Did the recipient mention it to you or your partner directly?

If you've not had management speak to you about it yet, I'd wouldn't worry about it too much.
norris9
Posts: 2695
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Royal Mail Disciplinary Procedures

Post by norris9 »

yellowbelly wrote:Ok, re-winding a bit to your original post - how do you know it's missing if management hasn't spoken to you about it?
Did the recipient mention it to you or your partner directly?

If you've not had management speak to you about it yet, I'd wouldn't worry about it too much.

Walk partner told me that someone came to collect a parcel/letter and there was nothing for them at the depot. I assume someone who works at the collection point has informed my walk partner....

I now assume that unless either the person who sent the item or the customer it was sent to complains....then it doesn't go any further.


I have sent things by Royal Mail signed for before which didn't get delivered and I usually just send the parcel again. I have never asked for compensation in these instances as it's too much hassle when something is of fairly low value. So I assume a lot of missing Signed Fors are just resent by the sender. Not to say this is what may/has happend - anything could have happend. Maybe the parcel/letter has actually been delivered in some way and nothing else will come of it.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16699
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Royal Mail Disciplinary Procedures

Post by clashcityrocker »

norris9 wrote:

I have sent things by Royal Mail signed for before which didn't get delivered and I usually just send the parcel again. I have never asked for compensation in these instances
You pay for a service. The service isn't provided. You just pay for it again?
I go into a chip shop and order a poke of chips. I pay and wait. Nobody gives me any chips so I order and pay again?
Ha Ha Bonk.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Royal Mail Disciplinary Procedures

Post by Postie45 »

in my experience -
items that go missing will be followed up on eventually by management once they get a complaint.
"do you know what happened?" etc
so long as it isnt a regular occurrence nothing happens disciplinary wise.
Granted different offices may have different procedures.
norris9
Posts: 2695
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Royal Mail Disciplinary Procedures

Post by norris9 »

clashcityrocker wrote:You pay for a service. The service isn't provided. You just pay for it again?
I go into a chip shop and order a poke of chips. I pay and wait. Nobody gives me any chips so I order and pay again?
Ha Ha Bonk.

Of course. :Very Happy

Your comparison is awful.

Royal Mail only lose the odd package I send. Generally the service is good. If the customer wants me to resend the item they bought, then the obvious thing to do is send it again.

I don't use Royal Mail Signed For to protect the £3 I spent on the items. I use the Royal Mail Signed For service to protect me from customers claiming that they haven't received the items they paid me £15 for....when they did receive it. If I sent by Standard Post and the customer claimed they had not received such parcel and they asked for a refund, then I have to refund the full £15.

With Signed For Post you cannot claim back the sale value (In this case £15), you can only claim back what you paid for the items (In this case £3). You have to prove to Royal Mail that those items cost you £3. It's not worth faffing about for to claim back £3....

And I am not going to go looking for the services of another delivery company just because RM lost the odd parcel.


Although RM lose money due to paying out compensation through loss or damage, they also gain money through loss or damage. I wonder what the overall gain/loss is...
There is no way to find out.