Never resignNavalron wrote:Please don't resign. You will be playing into their hands and will have no recourse to employment tribunal except for constructive/forced resignation. Also if you needed access to benefits you cannot claim any for 28 weeks as by resigning you have made yourself unemployed. There is a way round that and if it happens PM me and I will sort you out but it shouldn't come to that. Good luck.Ciderboy1957 wrote:Gents , looks like I am getting dismissed re no seat belt .If I resigned what notice do I give and what would I be entitled to , sweet face no doubt , 38 years service , thanx in advance
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc
Why not?arnold cheshire wrote: Never resign
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc
Oh dear,oh dear after 38 years service,what has RM become? They should be ashamed.

-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc
Would you resign after 38 years in the job for a stupid thing like what were talking about?.clashcityrocker wrote:Why not?arnold cheshire wrote: Never resign
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc
You'd be daft handed in your resignation .When you could get a two year serious . And you'd get no benefitsNavalron wrote:Would you resign after 38 years in the job for a stupid thing like what were talking about?.clashcityrocker wrote:Why not?arnold cheshire wrote: Never resign
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc
But that wasn't the question. Arnie Cheshire said "Never resign"Navalron wrote:Would you resign after 38 years in the job for a stupid thing like what were talking about?.clashcityrocker wrote:Why not?arnold cheshire wrote: Never resign
If the blade looks like it is going to drop sometimes it is better to walk away.
I would prefer to go to my next employment interview saying I had resigned rather than saying I was sacked.
What you call a stupid little thing is ultimately a sackable offence. Clearly there is bad blood in the office.
After 38 years in the job, the OP must be at least mid fifties. Would I want that sort of hassle day in day out, knowing there is a target on my back?
Life is too short. There are better things to do.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc
Well never resign under the circumstances clashclashcityrocker wrote:But that wasn't the question. Arnie Cheshire said "Never resign"Navalron wrote:Would you resign after 38 years in the job for a stupid thing like what were talking about?.clashcityrocker wrote:Why not?arnold cheshire wrote: Never resign
If the blade looks like it is going to drop sometimes it is better to walk away.
I would prefer to go to my next employment interview saying I had resigned rather than saying I was sacked.
What you call a stupid little thing is ultimately a sackable offence. Clearly there is bad blood in the office.
After 38 years in the job, the OP must be at least mid fifties. Would I want that sort of hassle day in day out, knowing there is a target on my back?
Life is too short. There are better things to do.
-
jnob66
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc
I know it is royal mail policy to wear the seat belt but thought it was harsh to dismiss someone with 38 service for this. Posties should stick together not think its ok to get sacked for something like this.clashcityrocker wrote:I really don't know why people insist on repeating this little nugget of nothingness.jnob66 wrote:Not even illegal if driving a goods vehicle on deliveries that is travelling no more than 50 metres between stops.
RM policy is to wear the seat belt at all times.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc
Who's been dismissed??jnob66 wrote:I know it is royal mail policy to wear the seat belt but thought it was harsh to dismiss someone with 38 service for this. Posties should stick together not think its ok to get sacked for something like this.clashcityrocker wrote:I really don't know why people insist on repeating this little nugget of nothingness.jnob66 wrote:Not even illegal if driving a goods vehicle on deliveries that is travelling no more than 50 metres between stops.
RM policy is to wear the seat belt at all times.
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc
You should fight it, don`t give up so easilyCiderboy1957 wrote:Gents , looks like I am getting dismissed re no seat belt .If I resigned what notice do I give and what would I be entitled to , sweet face no doubt , 38 years service , thanx in advance
-
Ciderboy1957
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc
I understand when u say fight it but no excuses for failing to wear it !
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc
I except u thing u are to blame, but it is really being petty, as people on here have said people tie the seatbelt round the seat &. Worse, is there something your not saying because it seems there out io get u. You’ve being there a long time the job is crap, the staff not much better but surely u don’t want to go this wayCiderboy1957 wrote:I understand when u say fight it but no excuses for failing to wear it !
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Resigning and what I am entitled to ie leave etc
surely someones been caught with no seatbelt in the area before, your area union rep would know. If it hasnt resulted in sacking then its harder for RM to justify sacking on this occasion.