ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Firms asking name for security

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Firms asking name for security

Post by Seymour Buts »

I've had old folks blocks insist I sign in as a visitor before. I had a bit of a row but ultimately did so as I didn't have to heart to return the old timers birthday cards and mail. It's a judgement call I guess. Is it really that big a deal? Probably not. Is it over the top? Well unless you're going into an extremely high security area it is. It's worth asking a manager or rep what the official line is.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Firms asking name for security

Post by Sir Henry »

Holden Magroin
Norma Snockers
Mike Oxhard
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Firms asking name for security

Post by cpsteve »

Just give him your name deliver the mail and go.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Firms asking name for security

Post by k979aaa »

ASK his/her name and use that.
Fatboyslim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 117
Joined: 30 May 2010, 10:27
Gender: Male

Firms asking name for security

Post by Fatboyslim »

Had this happen a while ago. I refused to give my name. So I just signed in 'Royal Mail". So security 'guard' got all hot and bothered. Then mentioned he had the right to search my vehicle on exiting. To drop tail lift etc. "You try it mate - I'll block your yard entrance - and call the old bill". Never bothered me again...
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

Firms asking name for security

Post by Tinoblade »

I don’t get the issue with giving your name
Stunners
Posts: 20
Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 10:47
Gender: Male

Firms asking name for security

Post by Stunners »

Just say Pat
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Firms asking name for security

Post by crimson king »

Tinoblade wrote:I don’t get the issue with giving your name
Don't tell him, Pike!

:chuckle
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
Route1
Posts: 369
Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
Gender: Female

Firms asking name for security

Post by Route1 »

Delivered parcels to a nuclear naval base in the past and never been asked for ID, name or anything. Cops & soldiers with real guns. Not a place where they let you leave a parcel unattended