ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Do new posties get the bottom of the barrel at your office?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postiewhite
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 619
Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
Gender: Male

Do new posties get the bottom of the barrel at your office?

Post by postiewhite »

I got the bottom of the barrel for nearly 4 yrs!! Used to mainly get a Tuesday off and wouldnt even know that until the Friday the week before. I was put on all duties and that could change at a drop of a hat. I now have my own duty and its 10 times better than before. I know people that have been a reserve a lot longer than me, however we have two guys in our office that have only been employed for a few months and both are in line for their own duty.
Being a reserve for a few years can also be a good thing because I now know where pretty much every street is in the 3 areas our office covers which makes life easier for IPS, Packets and any packet or Mail overtime (especially at Xmas). I know guys that have been in our office for over 20 years and have never moved from their own duty and don't know where a lot of streets are for what duty.