ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Start time/cutting off

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Glp28357
Posts: 85
Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
Gender: Male

Start time/cutting off

Post by Glp28357 »

Charleyfarley wrote:
Ddarko85 wrote:Another query - as I’m on a 25 hours contract Monday to Saturday. Do I not count the Saturday because our Place does 5 weeks on 1 week off. I’m assuming those worked Saturdays count towards my days off.

Obviously 5 hours a day would take me up to 30 - not 25.

I’ll ask my manager about meal time, how do I claim this if let’s say it’s at the end of the day. Do I tell him the day after?
About meal times lads and lassies, I’m also on a 25 hr contract and have been told as I only work 5 hours I am not due any break paid or other, help in this would be appreciated ta
You are entitled to a 30 minute break in a 5 hour shift.