ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Newbie bringing mails back to the DO
-
Pancake123
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 06 Nov 2018, 06:58
- Gender: Female
Newbie bringing mails back to the DO
I am just wondering ,Can I get fired because I am to slow? Dom mentioned that I am „ on 6 months probation period” only , I I know it is probably just silly tactic..In Any case,I am not going to rush and killing myself because of the job 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Newbie bringing mails back to the DO
Officially the answer would be yes as you can't claim unfair dismissal until you have worked for 2 years. However, you may have a strong case for unfair dismissal if they were stupid enough to do it for an automatically unfair reason https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 1&p=831184" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Pancake123 wrote:I am just wondering ,Can I get fired because I am to slow? Dom mentioned that I am „ on 6 months probation period” only , I I know it is probably just silly tactic..In Any case,I am not going to rush and killing myself because of the job
However, before you panic - the chances of you being dismissed for being too slow is highly unlikely in my honest opinion.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
south London postie
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 14 Jan 2016, 10:54
- Gender: Male
Newbie bringing mails back to the DO
great post by azza30 on the first page.
I would only add this; as a newcomer the reason you are doing the walk you are is because (a) full timers don't want it and (b) part timers don't want it - it's the least wanted walk in the office. And that is for a reason - it's too long and it's generally cr*p.
If the DOM doesn't like it, the union will act for you and as far as you're concerned you'll swap with anyone in the office, but you're not expecting a queue.
I would only add this; as a newcomer the reason you are doing the walk you are is because (a) full timers don't want it and (b) part timers don't want it - it's the least wanted walk in the office. And that is for a reason - it's too long and it's generally cr*p.
If the DOM doesn't like it, the union will act for you and as far as you're concerned you'll swap with anyone in the office, but you're not expecting a queue.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Newbie bringing mails back to the DO
Unless you are extremely slow...like 4 hours late, I don't think that they will get rid of you. It involves so much time, effort and money to replace you. If they got rid of you, they would have to wait at least 3 months to hire someone else.Pancake123 wrote:I am just wondering ,Can I get fired because I am to slow? Dom mentioned that I am „ on 6 months probation period” only , I I know it is probably just silly tactic..In Any case,I am not going to rush and killing myself because of the job
As long as you are conscientious, don't make too many mistakes and keep doing your best, they will keep you on :).
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Newbie bringing mails back to the DO
Never known any new starter to not be taken on permanently, even those who clearly set out to dodge as much work as possible (ie doing far “worse” than simply cutting off)
-
raymo
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 11 Nov 2018, 21:34
- Gender: Male
Newbie bringing mails back to the DO
Anyone who is told they are too slow tell them to check PDA apparently they can check your speed & any stoppages you take if you feel your walking at a good rate get them too show your PDA results & make sure your union rep is there with you.
We always get told everyone of us will be checked on our performance by checking PDA results & I always hope they do coz it will show duties are too big & workload is far too much but of course when they see this it will be swept under the carpet.
We always get told everyone of us will be checked on our performance by checking PDA results & I always hope they do coz it will show duties are too big & workload is far too much but of course when they see this it will be swept under the carpet.