ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Getting quicker BUT .....
-
woodpecker
- Posts: 892
- Joined: 06 Dec 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Getting quicker BUT .....
Did they teach you these doorstepping practises on your induction course?
-
GoingPostal86
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
- Gender: Male
Getting quicker BUT .....
I'm sometimes put out on loops with people who doorstep and fire things into bins, I've seen them leave specials with neighbours etc
What happens if a parcel gets lost/stolen?
Do I get pulled up for it too?
I just try a neighbour and if I get no reply I card em!
What happens if a parcel gets lost/stolen?
Do I get pulled up for it too?
I just try a neighbour and if I get no reply I card em!
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Getting quicker BUT .....
Would you be happy if a courier left a package on your front door step, and it ended up getting stolen?Seagull1983 wrote:Now just leaving parcels on doorstep, not even bothering with docket through letterbox unless I leave parcel behind or side of house. Obviously I do specials and signed for correctly but even missing some letters going through pda. Was told by dom can’t leave anything on front seat in van due to theft, this got a shout of “can’t do my job unless I do that” right in front of him, ridiculous, empty words. Is it possible to get sacked from Royal Mail unless you assault or steal ?!
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Getting quicker BUT .....
Definitely not a real post lol
‘Hi guys do you think it’s ok to leave things in plain sight on doorsteps’ zzz
‘Hi guys do you think it’s ok to leave things in plain sight on doorsteps’ zzz
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Getting quicker BUT .....
yes i do take 20 parcels a day back its not worth the risk unless you know your round very well and you have been asked by the customer to do so, its easy, knock on the door/doorbell, while your waiting start to write the docket out, if they come to the door fine throw the docket away if they dont post it and write fl and the date on the parcel and take back to the office.Seagull1983 wrote:Question (as I would like to keep my job): I need to pda a package (no signature needed), no reply from the front door, do you all seriously take the large parcel/package that won’t fit through letterbox) box to depot ? That is a serious question. I’d be bringing 20/30 back a day !
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Getting quicker BUT .....
People do all sorts of crazy things. There's one guy in our office been caught signing for letters about 6 times and still does it. Nothing ever really happens to him because of the staff levels at our office, they're desperate all the time so can't do anything. I'm working with a guy next week who will just sign for specials too. Just leave them to it and do your job proberly. Nothing can be put on you, it'll be on their pda.GoingPostal86 wrote:I'm sometimes put out on loops with people who doorstep and fire things into bins, I've seen them leave specials with neighbours etc
What happens if a parcel gets lost/stolen?
Do I get pulled up for it too?
I just try a neighbour and if I get no reply I card em!
Last edited by Seymour Buts on 28 Oct 2018, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Getting quicker BUT .....
yes, and keep doing this and you`ll find out. The fact you have been specifically warned not to leave mail in front, means if the IB or even a manager sees you have left mail in front of van while you are away from it will result in much tougher action had you not already been warned about it. Youre walking a very fine line, if you dont care about keeping your job too much then id say carry on as you are, but if youd like to stay employed then i suggest you change your ways.Seagull1983 wrote:Now just leaving parcels on doorstep, not even bothering with docket through letterbox unless I leave parcel behind or side of house. Obviously I do specials and signed for correctly but even missing some letters going through pda. Was told by dom can’t leave anything on front seat in van due to theft, this got a shout of “can’t do my job unless I do that” right in front of him, ridiculous, empty words. Is it possible to get sacked from Royal Mail unless you assault or steal ?!
-
Wakewaterblue
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 10 Aug 2018, 07:11
- Gender: Female
Getting quicker BUT .....
I'm a few weeks in and would NEVER doorstep. I can get back in time even when no one is in, I bring back often 30 plus parcels a day. I would rather that than risk my job. All it takes is 1 complaint or stolen parcel.