Just a wee update.
Union officials in the DO this morning. Been advised Grievance meeting scheduled for next week. This will give me the opportunity to raise some of the other issues I have struggled with (basically my treatment by the DOM).
Immediately felt a lot better to know I had some support.
This is the first polarising job I have ever held. One day I can absolutely hate it and be ready to leave, the next day I can love it and want to stay and do the best job I can.
Bizarre.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Grievance over unpaid overtime
-
cookiewise
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
- Gender: Female
- Location: over the hills and far away
-
cookiewise
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
- Gender: Female
- Location: over the hills and far away
Grievance over unpaid overtime
Grievance will be heard in a meeting with a senior manager on Weds.
Apparently (but not surprisingly) I am not alone in submitting grievances against this particular DOM.
I've been a boss in past jobs and would hate that someone felt this bad about my management. This DOM doesn't seem to care.
Will keep you posted (if you're interested)!
Apparently (but not surprisingly) I am not alone in submitting grievances against this particular DOM.
I've been a boss in past jobs and would hate that someone felt this bad about my management. This DOM doesn't seem to care.
Will keep you posted (if you're interested)!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Grievance over unpaid overtime
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
cookiewise
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
- Gender: Female
- Location: over the hills and far away
Grievance over unpaid overtime
Grievance hearing went ahead as scheduled. I will be paid the OT arrears in full in my pay next week. Manager was more interested int he other issues I had been discussing with Union, so we addressed them too.
Productive meeting and I hope by raising these issues things will improve. It gave me a bit more confidence in management at RM. Quite keen to stay on now to see how this all plays out. Still firmly believe this could be a great job with the right management at the helm.
I do still find it disappointing that it was necessary to go down the grievance route for a matter that could so easily have been resolved amicably in-house had the DOM been prepared to discuss it. But at least it's done now.
Productive meeting and I hope by raising these issues things will improve. It gave me a bit more confidence in management at RM. Quite keen to stay on now to see how this all plays out. Still firmly believe this could be a great job with the right management at the helm.
I do still find it disappointing that it was necessary to go down the grievance route for a matter that could so easily have been resolved amicably in-house had the DOM been prepared to discuss it. But at least it's done now.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Grievance over unpaid overtime
Fair play, great result and well done for sticking to your guns 
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Grievance over unpaid overtime
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
cookiewise
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
- Gender: Female
- Location: over the hills and far away
Grievance over unpaid overtime *UPDATE*
Alas the promised 20 hours OT did not appear in my pay this week.
Can anybody be trusted in RM?
So, after submitting a list of the days / dates and OT worked - which could be cross-checked with the PDA actuals, the OT is on my payslip which arrived today. Great.
However I find myself physically and mentally unable to carry on working there for the moment. The stress of the past few weeks has been too much for me. I've lost a ton of weight, have no appetite and am having difficulty sleeping.
To worsen a bad situation, on Monday the bullying DOM told me he had received a letter from a colleague claiming that I was at home when I claimed I was out on delivery.
He wouldn't show me the letter, stating he had a duty of care to my accuser, nor would he tell me who had made the accusation.
I said a Subject Access Request using the Data Protection Act would give me the right to see the letter. But then he said the letter did not name me but the colleague spoke to him about it later and it was then that I was named. I said check the PDA actuals - I have nothing to hide.
This has hit me really badly, the thought that a colleague could dislike me that much to make up this nonsense and then hide behind the DOM rather than challenging me to my face? What is wrong with the place I work?
It has resulted in isolating me from my colleagues. I know this is standard behaviour of the workplace bully as it gives them more power, but would a DOM really stoop this low? Surely they remember that we're all humans with feelings? I've not been there very long and don't know my colleagues that well (barely know the names of a third) so cannot see how I could have upset anybody that much.
Can anybody be trusted in RM?
So, after submitting a list of the days / dates and OT worked - which could be cross-checked with the PDA actuals, the OT is on my payslip which arrived today. Great.
However I find myself physically and mentally unable to carry on working there for the moment. The stress of the past few weeks has been too much for me. I've lost a ton of weight, have no appetite and am having difficulty sleeping.
To worsen a bad situation, on Monday the bullying DOM told me he had received a letter from a colleague claiming that I was at home when I claimed I was out on delivery.
He wouldn't show me the letter, stating he had a duty of care to my accuser, nor would he tell me who had made the accusation.
I said a Subject Access Request using the Data Protection Act would give me the right to see the letter. But then he said the letter did not name me but the colleague spoke to him about it later and it was then that I was named. I said check the PDA actuals - I have nothing to hide.
This has hit me really badly, the thought that a colleague could dislike me that much to make up this nonsense and then hide behind the DOM rather than challenging me to my face? What is wrong with the place I work?
It has resulted in isolating me from my colleagues. I know this is standard behaviour of the workplace bully as it gives them more power, but would a DOM really stoop this low? Surely they remember that we're all humans with feelings? I've not been there very long and don't know my colleagues that well (barely know the names of a third) so cannot see how I could have upset anybody that much.
-
cookiewise
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
- Gender: Female
- Location: over the hills and far away
Grievance over unpaid overtime *UPDATE*
Alas the promised 20 hours OT did not appear in my pay this week.
Can anybody be trusted in RM?
So, after submitting a list of the days / dates and OT worked - which could be cross-checked with the PDA actuals, the OT is on my payslip which arrived today. Great.
However I find myself physically and mentally unable to carry on working there for the moment. The stress of the past few weeks has been too much for me. I've lost a ton of weight, have no appetite and am having difficulty sleeping.
To worsen a bad situation, on Monday the bullying DOM told me he had received a letter from a colleague claiming that I was at home when I claimed I was out on delivery.
He wouldn't show me the letter, stating he had a duty of care to my accuser, nor would he tell me who had made the accusation.
I said a Subject Access Request using the Data Protection Act would give me the right to see the letter. But then he said the letter did not name me but the colleague spoke to him about it later and it was then that I was named. I said check the PDA actuals - I have nothing to hide.
This has hit me really badly, the thought that a colleague could dislike me that much to make up this nonsense and then hide behind the DOM rather than challenging me to my face? What is wrong with the place I work?
It has resulted in isolating me from my colleagues. I know this is standard behaviour of the workplace bully as it gives them more power, but would a DOM really stoop this low? Surely they remember that we're all humans with feelings? I've not been there very long and don't know my colleagues that well (barely know the names of a third) so cannot see how I could have upset anybody that much.
Can anybody be trusted in RM?
So, after submitting a list of the days / dates and OT worked - which could be cross-checked with the PDA actuals, the OT is on my payslip which arrived today. Great.
However I find myself physically and mentally unable to carry on working there for the moment. The stress of the past few weeks has been too much for me. I've lost a ton of weight, have no appetite and am having difficulty sleeping.
To worsen a bad situation, on Monday the bullying DOM told me he had received a letter from a colleague claiming that I was at home when I claimed I was out on delivery.
He wouldn't show me the letter, stating he had a duty of care to my accuser, nor would he tell me who had made the accusation.
I said a Subject Access Request using the Data Protection Act would give me the right to see the letter. But then he said the letter did not name me but the colleague spoke to him about it later and it was then that I was named. I said check the PDA actuals - I have nothing to hide.
This has hit me really badly, the thought that a colleague could dislike me that much to make up this nonsense and then hide behind the DOM rather than challenging me to my face? What is wrong with the place I work?
It has resulted in isolating me from my colleagues. I know this is standard behaviour of the workplace bully as it gives them more power, but would a DOM really stoop this low? Surely they remember that we're all humans with feelings? I've not been there very long and don't know my colleagues that well (barely know the names of a third) so cannot see how I could have upset anybody that much.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Grievance over unpaid overtime
Yes a DOM can stoop that low. Look after yourself and don't take it personally.
-
cookiewise
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
- Gender: Female
- Location: over the hills and far away
Grievance over unpaid overtime
Thank you rambo1.
It is for sure a shabby way to treat people. Despite the best efforts of the CWU there has been no evidence produced. Not even the original letter which I am now convinced never existed but was simply yet another way for the DOM to stitch me up.
Well I am out of fight.
I will be submitting my resignation letter tomorrow. I have had a horrible experience working at RM and hope this does not become the norm for every keen newbie OPG.
It is for sure a shabby way to treat people. Despite the best efforts of the CWU there has been no evidence produced. Not even the original letter which I am now convinced never existed but was simply yet another way for the DOM to stitch me up.
Well I am out of fight.
I will be submitting my resignation letter tomorrow. I have had a horrible experience working at RM and hope this does not become the norm for every keen newbie OPG.
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Grievance over unpaid overtime
only you can decide if you still wish to leave the company, you must do what's best for your wellbeing, maybe sleeping on it as given you time to reflect if anything further can be done,cookiewise wrote:Thank you rambo1.
It is for sure a shabby way to treat people. Despite the best efforts of the CWU there has been no evidence produced. Not even the original letter which I am now convinced never existed but was simply yet another way for the DOM to stitch me up.
Well I am out of fight.
I will be submitting my resignation letter tomorrow. I have had a horrible experience working at RM and hope this does not become the norm for every keen newbie OPG.
if you still decide to hand in your letter (i personally would just not turn up if another job to walk into) i'd state all the reasons & actions taken forcing this decision and also send a copy to someone higher up to flag up this low life,
and if you do work your notice, guessing it's 4 weeks notice so the run up to xmas could give this guy an headache
do everything by the book, trolley, full meal relief, zero overtime, he could try to palm you off to another office but unless t&c changed, you still start/finish at his office at your times given even if he says to go straight to another place from home,
staff treatment by management beggars belief.
also wait until you get payslip in case miracles happen and you got paid, you can check it now by registering on https://www.gov.uk/personal-tax-account ... e-identity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;