if you decide to stay then it will seem like a life sentence by the time you reach retirement...cookiewise wrote:Yup.number one wrote:Are you quite new? New starer on on £9.99 I think
Nine weeks and counting. Feels more like nine years.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Overtime rate
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
-
cookiewise
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
- Gender: Female
- Location: over the hills and far away
Overtime rate
That is a truly worrying thought.
Gosh if I make it to six months the hourly rate goes up by about 10p. RM is way too generous!
Gosh if I make it to six months the hourly rate goes up by about 10p. RM is way too generous!
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
I remember when I had 20 Christmases left. 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Overtime rate
50p I thinkcookiewise wrote:That is a truly worrying thought.![]()
Gosh if I make it to six months the hourly rate goes up by about 10p. RM is way too generous!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
So did I, that's why I asked the question. So a part timer on 34 hr contract who does 4 hrs overtime, would be paid more than a full timer working their hours? Obviously, the only advantage of being full time now is when you're on annual leave, sick or for any pro rata stuf ,oh and pension. Never understood btw, why only basic goes to pension and not overtime. Seriously thinking of dropping to part time at this rate.Marke87 wrote:when did this go up?
ive got a pay slip for payday 7/9/18
I did 4 hours 30 mins overtime and receieved £51.71
Thats £11.49 an hour.
I thought the pay rise would go up in October due to the SWW?
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
Strange I did the same 4.30 and got £54.25 for it. This was this weeks. Basic ph 32.20 got 368.32 which is about 10 more than it used to be before SWW.Marke87 wrote:when did this go up?
ive got a pay slip for payday 7/9/18
I did 4 hours 30 mins overtime and receieved £51.71
Thats £11.49 an hour.
I thought the pay rise would go up in October due to the SWW?
It is strange but you do seem to earn more being on a part time contract.
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Overtime rate
All you seem to do is moan on here. If you don’t like the job or RM find another job and leave...cookiewise wrote:That is a truly worrying thought.![]()
Gosh if I make it to six months the hourly rate goes up by about 10p. RM is way too generous!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Overtime rate
Jacko29 wrote:All you seem to do is moan on here. If you don’t like the job or RM find another job and leave...cookiewise wrote:That is a truly worrying thought.![]()
Gosh if I make it to six months the hourly rate goes up by about 10p. RM is way too generous!
I could suggest the same about posting on here, if you don't like people moaning on here then ............
See what a pointless and hurtful suggestion it is.
Some people moan about jobs that they love, I do, some stay to try and make things better, and some have no option of leaving because of their circumstances.
In case you haven't guessed telling people to leave just because they moan about the job is one of my pet peeves.
Posters can moan as much as they wish on here, a forum that allowed only happy posts, on non-moaning posts wouldn't be very popular.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
That's because you're part time. Just my point. Part timers are now paid more P/Hr than a full timer, as you got a pay rise and full time got a sww, apart from when they're on holiday, when you btw will still get an enhanced rate of pay. Don't think the Union made a point of this discrepancy, or didn't think anyone would work it out.postmanzach wrote:Strange I did the same 4.30 and got £54.25 for it. This was this weeks. Basic ph 32.20 got 368.32 which is about 10 more than it used to be before SWW.Marke87 wrote:when did this go up?
ive got a pay slip for payday 7/9/18
I did 4 hours 30 mins overtime and receieved £51.71
Thats £11.49 an hour.
I thought the pay rise would go up in October due to the SWW?
It is strange but you do seem to earn more being on a part time contract.
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Overtime rate
It seems as if I may have annoyed you and I am sorry for that. I was not meaning to come across as hurtful and I do not care about people moaning -it is more about moaning about getting a 10p p/h pay rise and stating RM is generous when Infact it is 50 p/h which is decent and that 9 weeks feels like 9 years, the poster clearly seems unhappy and I am only observing the posters posts which are coming across as negative. Maybe I am wrong and they really do like the job but if I am right I hope they find a job that makes them truly happy. Sorry for any offence caused.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Jacko29 wrote:All you seem to do is moan on here. If you don’t like the job or RM find another job and leave...cookiewise wrote:That is a truly worrying thought.![]()
Gosh if I make it to six months the hourly rate goes up by about 10p. RM is way too generous!![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
:so therwouldo there
I could suggest the same about posting on here, if you don't like people moaning on here then ............
See what a pointless and hurtful suggestion it is.
Some people moan about jobs that they love, I do, some stay to try and make things better, and some have no option of leaving because of their circumstances.
In case you haven't guessed telling people to leave just because they moan about the job is one of my pet peeves.
Posters can moan as much as they wish on here, a forum that allowed only happy posts, on non-moaning posts wouldn't be very popular.
-
SW Postie
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 28 Aug 2018, 12:16
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
Does anybody have a breakdown of the pay rates please? Basic, overtime and SA.
-
mr hil.
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
If a part timer worked for 38 hours they would receive the same a mount of pay as a normal full timer including the delivery supplement. The difference in the hourly rate a part timer earns includes an extra amount to compensate for their lower delivery supplement amounts due to the delivery supplement being paid pro rata. When the part timer reaches the 38 hour maximum their overtime rate resorts to the normal full timers overtime raterambo1 wrote: That's because you're part time. Just my point. Part timers are now paid more P/Hr than a full timer, as you got a pay rise and full time got a sww, apart from when they're on holiday, when you btw will still get an enhanced rate of pay. Don't think the Union made a point of this discrepancy, or didn't think anyone would work it out.
-
south London postie
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 14 Jan 2016, 10:54
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
Best I can tell you have about 5 pay rises in the pipeline so stick with it:cookiewise wrote:I'm on less than a tenner an hour. Same rate for overtime.
I hate RM for not even being consistent geographically.
6th month service
April company pay rise
12 month service
12-month RM pen contrib begin
Sept 2019, part time increase to match full time reduction in hours
If I'm wrong, we'll soon be told ...
-
hantsman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 876
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
- Gender: Male
Overtime rate
rambo1 wrote:That's because you're part time. Just my point. Part timers are now paid more P/Hr than a full timer, as you got a pay rise and full time got a sww, apart from when they're on holiday, when you btw will still get an enhanced rate of pay. Don't think the Union made a point of this discrepancy, or didn't think anyone would work it out.postmanzach wrote:Strange I did the same 4.30 and got £54.25 for it. This was this weeks. Basic ph 32.20 got 368.32 which is about 10 more than it used to be before SWW.Marke87 wrote:when did this go up?
ive got a pay slip for payday 7/9/18
I did 4 hours 30 mins overtime and receieved £51.71
Thats £11.49 an hour.
I thought the pay rise would go up in October due to the SWW?
It is strange but you do seem to earn more being on a part time contract.
Part time workers are not paid more than full time, I'm not sure where you have found that?
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Overtime rate
Just sat down with a payslip and done the mathsSW Postie wrote:Does anybody have a breakdown of the pay rates please? Basic, overtime and SA.
Basic rate: 11.39ph
B/R + Del Sup: 12.05
OT (first 10hrs):11.49
OT (over 10hrs) :11.31
Not done an SA recently so no idea about that. Would be amazed if it was much more than 11.55.