ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Colleague suspended for cutting off
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Colleague suspended for cutting off
We had a lad given a 2 years suspended dismissal recently for something similar.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
wf
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 01 Nov 2009, 13:21
- Gender: Male
Colleague suspended for cutting off
We’ve have this going on in our office for years ,all this stuff comes to one office at a time
Of course it’s not for everyone in the office ,just the ones the manager or managers don’t like
Of course it’s not for everyone in the office ,just the ones the manager or managers don’t like
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Colleague suspended for cutting off
superdazzy wrote:I have also been suspended for this, I followed the agreement and i've been sat at home now for 3 months. believe me when I say it there is no enjoyment about sitting at home waiting for the next letter to arriveDecky Boy wrote:Suspended on full pay for following procedure and doing nothing wrongYour manager must have been having a bad day ? ? ?
Enjoy the paid break . . . and try not to worry . . . You'll be back at work soon enough ! ! !
What the
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Colleague suspended for cutting off
Nothing surprises me anymore at RM.
-
lostinspace
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 23 Dec 2013, 20:22
- Gender: Male
Colleague suspended for cutting off
Why is allowed to happen?????
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Colleague suspended for cutting off
Sorry to hear about your plight, I'd have been on the phone to my Union Rep a long time ago ! You are in the Union ? If not I bet you are wishing you were ? I'd be speaking with a Union Solicitor. . . you may have an excellent Constructive Dismissal case. . . or failing this you could argue "frustration of contract".superdazzy wrote:
I have also been suspended for this, I followed the agreement and i've been sat at home now for 3 months. believe me when I say it there is no enjoyment about sitting at home waiting for the next letter to arrive
If you are non Union Citizens Advice or ACAS may be able to help you ? Good Luck
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Colleague suspended for cutting off
Your suspension is suppose to be reviewed every 48 hrs and should not last any longer than is necessary , three months is totally unacceptable. Your union rep should be demanding answers straight away, assuming you are a member of course.superdazzy wrote:I have also been suspended for this, I followed the agreement and i've been sat at home now for 3 months. believe me when I say it there is no enjoyment about sitting at home waiting for the next letter to arriveDecky Boy wrote:Suspended on full pay for following procedure and doing nothing wrongYour manager must have been having a bad day ? ? ?
Enjoy the paid break . . . and try not to worry . . . You'll be back at work soon enough ! ! !
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Colleague suspended for cutting off
I’d love 3 months off paid for some s**t like that
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Colleague suspended for cutting off
You would love spending 3 months not knowing whether you'll have a job at Christma?jd9442 wrote:I’d love 3 months off paid for some s**t like that
Each to their own I suppose, I'd rather not.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
WRIGHT88
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 16 Mar 2018, 09:00
- Gender: Male
Colleague suspended for cutting off
I've been suspended for worse,I know it's easier said than done but I wouldn't worry to much about it ,as long as you let the manager know you would be cutting off they can't do nothing,enjoy your paid break,don't let the bastards get you down,
-
superdazzy
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 20:37
- Gender: Male
Colleague suspended for cutting off
Cheers, got it in writing from the Dom and Operations manager that they knew the score before I went out and they said 'bring it back if you cant do it'. Still been a long time to be off though.WRIGHT88 wrote:I've been suspended for worse,I know it's easier said than done but I wouldn't worry to much about it ,as long as you let the manager know you would be cutting off they can't do nothing,enjoy your paid break,don't let the bastards get you down,
-
WRIGHT88
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 16 Mar 2018, 09:00
- Gender: Male
Colleague suspended for cutting off
As I said mate try not to worry I have been suspended twice first time for 6 months second time for 8 months then was sacked,got my job back on appeal,because they took too long with the suspension and the fact finder interviews,let them cut there own throats,trust me mate I know how worrying and stressful it can be,but just let it run it's course,you've done nothing wrong and followed the correct cutting off procedures and you have witnesses.sit tight it will work itself out ,don't need it though mate do ya,if there's anything you want to ask me message me and I will try to help if I can REMEMBER YOU'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG
INCOMPETENT DOMS AND MANAGERS
INCOMPETENT DOMS AND MANAGERS
-
moles40
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 20:00
- Gender: Female
Colleague suspended for cutting off
Where’s the CWU rep here.He should be finding out why you are still suspended from work,and doing something about it.
What the heck do these reps actually do apart from sitting in their comfy office for an hour and a half every day reading emails whilst their members are working
What the heck do these reps actually do apart from sitting in their comfy office for an hour and a half every day reading emails whilst their members are working
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Colleague suspended for cutting off
moles40 wrote:Where’s the CWU rep here.He should be finding out why you are still suspended from work,and doing something about it.
What the heck do these reps actually do apart from sitting in their comfy office for an hour and a half every day reading emails whilst their members are working
Such an uneducated post
-
scottfrompaisley
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Colleague suspended for cutting off
sitting reading through these incidents, and thinking to myself who the f**k would want to work here???? the stress royal mail management put
postmen through, it really isn't worth it, the cons are outwaying the pros these days, got to be better jobs out their
postmen through, it really isn't worth it, the cons are outwaying the pros these days, got to be better jobs out their