ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Driving

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

Driving

Post by nickbsmooth »

Drivers have more responsibility than non drivers but get the same pay etc.
I drive for RM but I'd prefer not too,no more briefings, van checks,license checks,organising parcels,driving to get specials done,get fuel and so on. When I spend a rare week as a passenger I find the delivery a lot less stressful.
I know people that drive to work everyday,but they refused to drive for RM as it wasn't required when they started or feel that they shouldn't have to when there are others who don't because they have no license.
Back in the day when I could take van home, I used to see this as a perk of being a driver.