ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Goodbye Royal Mail
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Goodbye Royal Mail
Enjoy you retirement. It can take a bit of time to adjust to not having to go to work, it took me about a year. But one you settle in retirement is great! 
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Goodbye Royal Mail
It's a pity say, but unfortunately by comparison to my last workplace,my colleagues at RM generally speaking apart from a small minority, are a strange lot ! Never came across a more blinkered, selfish gathering of people.hothothot wrote:I admit I won't miss all my colleagues especially the brown nosers. The letter you get from R.M is pathetic. You would expect a little better for 20 years hard graft. My daughter asked me about going for a job I tried to talk her out of it , she ignored me , 6 months later she wished she had listened. All she does is moan about what a crap company this is to work for. I told you so!
Most have no back bone or hold any morals or principles at all. More faces than a town clock and not only the brown noses.
At least you know what brown noses are about, the self centred sneaks and deceitful old soldiers can be must worse and more dangerous. As for unity !!! Maybe I have been unlucky but get the impression it's a wide spread problem.
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Goodbye Royal Mail
You are 100% correct.
-
mudmonster
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Goodbye Royal Mail
tommyrep
You are completely correct,I agree with you entirely.
Mud

You are completely correct,I agree with you entirely.
Mud
-
David walters
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 17 Jan 2017, 19:22
- Gender: Male
Goodbye Royal Mail
I left in March after 22 years best thing I ever did will miss my mates but not the doms/Lino’s/bum boys and back stabers
-
deko79
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 12 Aug 2010, 17:44
- Gender: Male
Goodbye Royal Mail
How long from IHR referral to money in the bank mate?tommyrep wrote:“ ALL, your work colleagues “ ?hothothot wrote:Left R.M today after 20 years service. I'll health retirement was in my bank account this morning. Royal mail has got year on year has got worse and worse as an employer. Management are appalling the way they treat Thier staff. The job has got harder to achieve every year. I would like to say I'm sorry to be leaving but that would be a lie. It feels like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I will miss massively all my work colleagues and friends in my office and of course the banter. Goodbye and hello retirement.
![]()
I was referred for IHR today
Enjoy your retirement
-
deko79
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 12 Aug 2010, 17:44
- Gender: Male
Goodbye Royal Mail
Enjoy your retirement!hothothot wrote:Left R.M today after 20 years service. I'll health retirement was in my bank account this morning. Royal mail has got year on year has got worse and worse as an employer. Management are appalling the way they treat Thier staff. The job has got harder to achieve every year. I would like to say I'm sorry to be leaving but that would be a lie. It feels like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I will miss massively all my work colleagues and friends in my office and of course the banter. Goodbye and hello retirement.
How long was the process from being referred for IHR until money in your bank?
I was referred today for IHR
-
David walters
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 17 Jan 2017, 19:22
- Gender: Male
Goodbye Royal Mail
Very thick one u sign the forms all done in under a week
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Goodbye Royal Mail
5 days . Good luck.
-
deko79
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 12 Aug 2010, 17:44
- Gender: Male
Goodbye Royal Mail
Cheers for the info! I’m picking up my letter from gp today as they asked for further medical evidence.hothothot wrote:5 days . Good luck.
So hopefully it will be as quick for me!!
-
sl6983
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 16 Oct 2013, 06:21
- Gender: Male
Goodbye Royal Mail
Hi, I was wondering how much Tax you paid on the PILON payment.
I've also now been given IHR with a Lump sum and I'm now waiting to find out what I'm getting but I've been trying to work it out for myself.
I've also now been given IHR with a Lump sum and I'm now waiting to find out what I'm getting but I've been trying to work it out for myself.
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Goodbye Royal Mail
Your pilon is taxed at 20 % plus national insurance contributions but if you don't work between now and April you can claim back any tax paid over 11,000. I think I paid about 1500 but claimed tax back because I will not be working until after April next year. Good luck.
-
sl6983
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 16 Oct 2013, 06:21
- Gender: Male
Goodbye Royal Mail
Thanks for getting back to me mate.
As for me I've now been medically retired after 10 years at Royal Mail, I'm part time so I didn't get as much as you but I can't argue, some people lose there jobs and get nothing.
As for me I've now been medically retired after 10 years at Royal Mail, I'm part time so I didn't get as much as you but I can't argue, some people lose there jobs and get nothing.