Ahhh, the corporate fallacy of infinite growth.deetee wrote:Ours is actually pretty decent. 15 years as postman, 10 years as a manger. Helps you out getting days off you need. Well run office most of the time but he’s always under pressure to save hours. Think he’s been taking piss abit ‘cooking the books’ recently doing postman work, helping out which means office looks like it’s more productive than it actually is, meaning next year we will have to save even more hours making it dam near impossible to achieve.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Good gaffers with well run offices.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Good gaffers with well run offices.
-
Matt123
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 07 Nov 2017, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Good gaffers with well run offices.
The maneger and line maneger at my DO are2 of the most selfish ,lazy and bitter people I have ever met in my life .
My manager used to be a lazy postman who constantly failed his walk and now all off a sudden thinks he is god
He's only been with us for a couple of months and doesn't know any of the walks
And told me i should be able to complete my walk in 2 hours 550 stops Inc
15 blokes of flats
My manager used to be a lazy postman who constantly failed his walk and now all off a sudden thinks he is god
He's only been with us for a couple of months and doesn't know any of the walks
And told me i should be able to complete my walk in 2 hours 550 stops Inc
15 blokes of flats
-
catch22
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Good gaffers with well run offices.
From my experience. Good and bad doms are as fluent as good and bad posties.
I have noted several external managers pass the interview. And then leave the business following training as the workload is too great. They are expected to fix years of bad management decisions in months under a budget that has been stripped.
For a new manager they are expected.to grasp the job and manage with only a day on the job. And lots of classroom work.
From my experience I have 3 years on a delivery. 1 year on collections. 2 years as delivery support and now I am a "DIM" With no coaching or guidance.
The business has never invested In it's people to be able to develop you into good managers. I believe that they have noticed the error of their ways. And have now decided to invest. And develop internal staff. This in itself is a huge improvement. I have personally invested my time in my staff to develop them
And I would class myself as a good dom... And wanting to create a future of good doms. And develop my own people. Too much emphasis on bonus and not enough on the people breaking their backs to deliver a product.
Yes there are good managers and I am one. And I want to train others to be like me. But we need to be recognised for doing a good job to be able to continue.
I have noted several external managers pass the interview. And then leave the business following training as the workload is too great. They are expected to fix years of bad management decisions in months under a budget that has been stripped.
For a new manager they are expected.to grasp the job and manage with only a day on the job. And lots of classroom work.
From my experience I have 3 years on a delivery. 1 year on collections. 2 years as delivery support and now I am a "DIM" With no coaching or guidance.
The business has never invested In it's people to be able to develop you into good managers. I believe that they have noticed the error of their ways. And have now decided to invest. And develop internal staff. This in itself is a huge improvement. I have personally invested my time in my staff to develop them
And I would class myself as a good dom... And wanting to create a future of good doms. And develop my own people. Too much emphasis on bonus and not enough on the people breaking their backs to deliver a product.
Yes there are good managers and I am one. And I want to train others to be like me. But we need to be recognised for doing a good job to be able to continue.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12198
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Good gaffers with well run offices.
What sort of % difference is there between the budget allocated by higher up and what's actually needed?catch22 wrote:From my experience. Good and bad doms are as fluent as good and bad posties.
I have noted several external managers pass the interview. And then leave the business following training as the workload is too great. They are expected to fix years of bad management decisions in months under a budget that has been stripped.
For a new manager they are expected.to grasp the job and manage with only a day on the job. And lots of classroom work.
From my experience I have 3 years on a delivery. 1 year on collections. 2 years as delivery support and now I am a "DIM" With no coaching or guidance.
The business has never invested In it's people to be able to develop you into good managers. I believe that they have noticed the error of their ways. And have now decided to invest. And develop internal staff. This in itself is a huge improvement. I have personally invested my time in my staff to develop them
And I would class myself as a good dom... And wanting to create a future of good doms. And develop my own people. Too much emphasis on bonus and not enough on the people breaking their backs to deliver a product.
Yes there are good managers and I am one. And I want to train others to be like me. But we need to be recognised for doing a good job to be able to continue.