ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

hottest week of the year

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
JKSmudge
Posts: 395
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
Gender: Male

hottest week of the year

Post by JKSmudge »

For those last few loops, take an old towel with you and wet it with water - put it over your shoulders...lovely :Very Happy
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

hottest week of the year

Post by Rapidryan88 »

Nigel1505 wrote:"I drink a litre and a half usually, I really can’t hack this weather"

Lightweight; I get through this, plus a few cans of Bud and chasers. Then I go and do my double lapsing. What a caring company we work for. :wave
Well done you
CC22
Posts: 13
Joined: 28 Jul 2018, 09:34
Gender: Female

hottest week of the year

Post by CC22 »

Two weeks into the job, first week was great, I managed my rounds, I was tired but well within the time expected. Week two and scorching hot weather, I struggled...going through bottles and bottles of water, severe blisters on my feet due to the heat and my feet swelling in my trainers (not RM regulation footwear, not provided). Had to take 2 days off as I had heat stroke and couldn't walk properly because of my feet being badly blistered. I couldn't even get my shoes on. I'm now being questioned on my capability to do my job. Being told that it's a very physically demanding job. I wouldn't have accepted the job role if I didn't think I was capable of doing it. But give me a break, still adjusting to the fast pace of it all and in one of the hottest summers on record. Being told by my line manager that taking 2 days of sick because I had blisters (LM in 30 years, I've never had anyone go off sick with blisters) that at my 6 month review my absences will not go in my favour. So basically I'll be sacked in 6 months. They are trying to bully me into handing in my resignation....telling me I'm not cut out for the job. #discrimination