None of the drivers in our office has done the test outside working hours in fact o/t has been paid to get their job covered while they do it. Most drivers i know would welcome not having to drive you get nothing but aggro.Celgar wrote:There have been quite a few 'blameworthy' van collisions in our office. What I have stated is what has happened to the others in my office as well. In addition if you have three blameworthy collisions within a certain period of time you are taken off driving permanently for RM.
If DOMs and managers in other offices aren't following the rules it's not my problem. Be aware this forum is monitored by RM so be careful what you say if your van accident has been dealt with differently.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dented the bumper of van
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
-
panch1989
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
I had a bus hit my wing mirror whilst parked up, I had to do the driver training, got paid the overtime for an afternoon of driving around country lanes. If you're not getting paid for it then they have had you off.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
Farcical,I had a small rtc the other week am still driving,will have to some driving thing with an instructor I think but when I can find the time, am happy for them to take me Off driving if they wish,but not sure who will do my round,but not my problem,your good enough to be honest to report it,most don’t many dents appeared over night on my van and nobody admits to it,van going in to have rear door replaced after being hit in the yard between me loading up in the morning!,to be fair our yard is now to small for all our vans to be parked and loading up is a nightmare,having to back out onto the road etc
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
The correspondent doesn't appear to have a problem with going forward, but rather with manoeuvring ,in reverse by the sound of things, therefore it's not the driving course they need, but the slow manoeuvring course. Paid,I hasten to add.
Last edited by rubberbond on 06 Apr 2018, 07:11, edited 1 time in total.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Dented the bumper of van
Any and all training is paid work.
They either cover part of your duty, or give you OT.
If you're not being paid, you shouldn't be at work.
Probably not insured either.
They either cover part of your duty, or give you OT.
If you're not being paid, you shouldn't be at work.
Probably not insured either.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
It's not so much who will do your walk as what will you do if you were not allowed to drive RM vans. If you were stopped from driving RM vans and a duty could not be found for you that did not involve driving you will no longer be working for RM. There are only so many non-driving duties available.robbertwhitton wrote:Farcical,I had a small rtc the other week am still driving,will have to some driving thing with an instructor I think but when I can find the time, am happy for them to take me Off driving if they wish,but not sure who will do my round,but not my problem,your good enough to be honest to report it,most don’t many dents appeared over night on my van and nobody admits to it,van going in to have rear door replaced after being hit in the yard between me loading up in the morning!,to be fair our yard is now to small for all our vans to be parked and loading up is a nightmare,having to back out onto the road etc
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Dented the bumper of van
Stop digging. You've been spanked by your Dom.

-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Dented the bumper of van
Crazy that you had to do the test, not your fault that a bus hit your wing mirror!panch1989 wrote:I had a bus hit my wing mirror whilst parked up, I had to do the driver training, got paid the overtime for an afternoon of driving around country lanes. If you're not getting paid for it then they have had you off.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
As this is a minor bump and depending on the fact finding meeting and your DOM would be recorded as a blameorthy and left at that with no further action.sophie97 wrote:I accidentally caught the bumper of the van whilst reversing today. Van is fine apart from the bumper has popped in and crumpled slightly in on of the corner's. Nothing too bad but noticeable.
Manager had gone home when I returned, so will tell him tomorrow. What can I expect to happen?
Could arrange a hour session with your advanced driving coach on slow maneouvering procedure paid on O/T or on your duty time.
Wouldn't expect in your circumstances for an external driving assessment taking the costs into consideration.
The purpose of the RTA procedure is to try and keep drivers driving unless circumstances dictate that removal from driving is necessary depending on the severity of the accident or multiple collosions are involved.