High tops were 3200 kg vans you did get an allowance for them but they phased them out and I got 3 years pay protection under MTFS which was good and fought for by us and the union but all posties in delivery will not get any allowance now as the change of roll as it was stated in my letter Ie they don't need 3.2 ton van drivers or vans!rehabron wrote:You get an additional driving allowance of approx. £ 30.00 for driving a mercedes sprinter that is plated at 2000 kg.Jamie162 wrote:U don’t get an allowance for driving a 400 anymore only on 7.5 tonne and above
Check it out and get back to me.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
scrape in RM work van - Can I Drive ??
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
scrape in RM work van - Can I Drive ??
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
scrape in RM work van - Can I Drive ??
Here is the van I was referring to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LDV_Convoy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Half way down is a Royal Mail van which you could shove in the back of it!
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
scrape in RM work van - Can I Drive ??
I was referring to a ford transit van low roof lol
I call them the big vans lol
I call them the big vans lol
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
scrape in RM work van - Can I Drive ??
high top it is kazz
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
scrape in RM work van - Can I Drive ??
Anything up to 2.6 ton is a small van 3.2 is big and 3.5 is bigger as a general rule you cannot drive a van bigger than 3000 kg unless you pass a proper driving test theses days since 1997 was the year it changed but years ago you can drive a 7.5 ton van ie 7500 kg!MissKazzyB wrote:I was referring to a ford transit van low roof lol
I call them the big vans lol
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
scrape in RM work van - Can I Drive ??
The Peugot Boxer has a lesser carrying capacity than the mercedes sprinter.Jamie162 wrote:THought most of them are scrapped now in favour of Peugeot boxers so they don’t have to pay the allowance
The mercedes sprinter can be driven by an MD as opposed to a PD saving approx. £60 p.w. in basic wages.
The mercedes sprinter is not restricted to the speed limits on motorways and dual carriageways as a 7.5T vehicle and will be utilised more often probably not in delivery but on airside traffic to DC and MC and when the SWW comes into force.
This has already been mentioned in the negotiators agreement,
-
chlobo
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 11 Sep 2010, 18:46
- Gender: Male
scrape in RM work van - Can I Drive ??
No you dont get an allowance and Royal Mail are coming for those offices that are paying it ,you dont get the allowance until the plate is 3500 hence all new models are plated 3300 ,its just happened at our office and they are after a minimum of a years back dated allowancerehabron wrote:You get an additional driving allowance of approx. £ 30.00 for driving a mercedes sprinter that is plated at 2000 kg.Jamie162 wrote:U don’t get an allowance for driving a 400 anymore only on 7.5 tonne and above
Check it out and get back to me.